Multiple credit application/inquiry pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple credit application/inquiry pulls

Does anyone know if in seeking quotes what the affect of multiple credit pulls will be? It was my understanding that several in the same industry (ie car, or mortgage) were fine since it meant you were probably buying a car or looking for a house.

Thanks

I believe you will

I believe you will dinged a few points for first inquiry and not so much for the others within a specific time period. I wouldn't run credit till you are ready to buy. You should know your score and usually your bank can help you with this.

Comment

It depends on how the pulls are coded. What kind of financing are you pursuing? One pull may show for a lease inquiry, the other may show for unsecured credit and another may show as a mortgage inquiry. If that is the case you could see multiple hits since each pull is coded differently and it would look like you are applying for multiple types of credit.

I'd suggest knowing your score and knowing what kind of financing best suits your needs prior to letting a bunch of people pull your credit.

Comment

Working...
      X