Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back up battery

Hi i'm new around here

I'm looking to get a good not great 12v deep cycle battery for a back up system i'm going to use on my pellet stove --i do have a Honda 2000w generator - but it takes time to set up - and the pellet stove will be out by then

the Shurefire 512h will switch right over to keep the stove running

i don't want to invest in a top line battery until i find out if this all works well

i would like to get something at Sears / Walmart / Napa /ect can i get some help with an under $150 battery

At some point i'll ask about a small solar set up to charge a few battery's - but i want to take this step first
    Thanks Rocky

Well you have to determine how many watt hour or amp hours is required first. Otherwise you are just guessing which always ends up in disaster.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

All i'm looking to do is have the inverter run the stove for an hour or two - to give me time to get home and set up my generator --the stove uses about 300w

the guy at the pellet stove place said you should get at least 6 hrs from a car type deep cycle

my question has to do more with the brands -- Die Hard / Everstart ect

has anyone used these common batteries --?

and can i get some insight on a $100-$150 battery

thanks

Comment

You are talking abou tSLI or Starting Lighing and Ignition batteries. They are not designed for cycle service. Get you a inexpensive Marine/RV cycle battery.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Thanks for trying
          i don't think i'm getting my question across right

when i read reviews about battery's no matter what brand -- you get people saying they are the best ever made - and then you get people saying it's junk don't buy it

so for me -- some one who knows very little --i'm just rolling the dice

can you tell me a brand that is better --or safe bet --
          thanks again
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rockysv View Post
            can you tell me a brand that is better --or safe bet --
            This is made more complicated by the fact that many battery brands are actually manufactured by one or two large companies and custom branded.
            And one brand may get batteries from more than one manufacturer.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thanks
              i guess i'll have to just go buy one - and hope for the best --

Comment

Thanks
                i guess i'll have to just go buy one - and hope for the best --
                House brand batteries are made by two companies. Johnson Controls and Interstate battery. If you are going to take a crap shoot go to Walmart, Sams, or Costco and buy a Marine/RV deep cycle battery and keep your receipt as Walmart will back it up. All three are the same battery.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Thanks
                  that's the tip i was looking for

Comment

Thanks
                    that's the tip i was looking for
                    I think the most important thing is the capacity and intended purpose, not the brand - which is what led to the Marine/RV deep cycle recommendation.

Comment

A backup battery provides power to a system when the primary source of power is unavailable. Backup batteries range from small single cells to retain clock time and date in computers, up to large battery room facilities that power uninterruptible power supply systems for large data centers. At batterybhai , you will find a complete range of Generator batteries to suit different Generator ratings. We've carefully handpicked only the best generator batteries from the leading brands that have been designed to meet the demanding conditions of the extreme environment.
                      Last edited by herrydas; 10-18-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

I picked up two 12v batteries at Wal Mart ----deep cycle --and the whole system works great

Comment

Working...
                        X