X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all

Hi all. Complete newb to the solar panel scene. The wife bought me a solar panel kit,only a 45 watt kit, back in April for my bday. Since then all I want to do is make it bigger and bigger. Right I have it powering some leds out in the back yard for when we have guests late at night. Now I do have some, limited, electrical knowledge. I am not any type of electrician by any means, I can do basic. What I would like to do is eventually get my shed completely off the grid using a combo of both solar and wind. So here I am and I hope you all don't mind lots and lots of questions.

Thanks,

Phil

Originally posted by phil0352 View Post
    Hi all. Complete newb to the solar panel scene. The wife bought me a solar panel kit,only a 45 watt kit, back in April for my bday. Since then all I want to do is make it bigger and bigger. Right I have it powering some leds out in the back yard for when we have guests late at night. Now I do have some, limited, electrical knowledge. I am not any type of electrician by any means, I can do basic. What I would like to do is eventually get my shed completely off the grid using a combo of both solar and wind. So here I am and I hope you all don't mind lots and lots of questions.

Thanks,

Phil
    Questions are great, and the more information you can provide, the more you are likely to get back. As far as going completely off-grid, keep in mind that you will be paying much more for your electricity than you would if you remained on grid. For many, a small-ish grid tied system will pay for itself in what might be considered a reasonable time frame. Battery systems with today's technology and prices never will, and is mostly the domain of people who don't have reliable grid access, or perhaps enthusiasts who don't mind the financial burden of their hobby / area of interest.
    CS6P-260P/SE3000 - http://tiny.cc/ed5ozx

Comment

Hi phil0352 and welcome to Solar Panel Talk!
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
      X