Solar powered cell phone charger with rechargeable batteries help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar powered cell phone charger with rechargeable batteries help

I have my solar panels wired parallel, individually they produce 4.5v, 1.5w, and 334mA. I'll connect the positive wire to an DPST switch which will also be wire to the positive wire from my battery pack. Then will directly connect the negative wires of both. There is a diode on the positive wire to prevent back flow. Next I want the option to charge my batteries through a wall charger when necessary. So I plan to also wire the positive wire from the battery pack to another DPST switch in the same way I wired the last one (there is a diode here as well), with the only difference being the positive and negative wires will come from a port to plug in some sort of wall charger (what's the best charger type for this and do I need some sort of regulater on this so it doesn't send too much current to the batteries?). Lastly, I plan to wire the positive wire of the battery to another DPST switch (diode here as well) which will be connected to a USB port that will regulate the flow to my phone.
    So, my questions are: first, will this work? Am I missing any necessary parts? Can I have so many connections to the positive and negative of the batteries? I'd also like to wire small LED lights to turn on when switch is on, how do I do that? And will the two solar panels produce enough power to charge the batteries?

I appreciate any help that you can provide.

My batteries are 4 AA batteries with 1.2v and 2500mAh individually.

My bombs are 4 AA batteries with 1.2v and 2500mAh individually.
    Blast radius about 4' for good injury.
    really, you want to just hook up some sealed batteries to a solar panel and watch the fun!

your expensive little batteries really need to be charged in a proper charger to keep them safe, otherwise, overcharging them will at the very least, ruin them quickly. Maha makes some nice chargers that can be powered with 12V car cords, use you PV to charge a 12V battery (also use a charge controller on that!) and then hook up a small cell battery charger. Check out the sales at
    http://www.thomasdistributing.com/Ma...rs_c_1022.html Look at the C401, comes with a car cord, charges up to 4 cells on 4 different channels.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Solar power is the conversion of sunlight into electricity, either directly using photovoltaics (PV), or indirectly using concentrated solar power (CSP). Commercial concentrated solar power plants were first developed in the 1980s.
      Wind solar shelter

Mod note - ad rates can be obtained by contacting user JASON
      Last edited by Mike90250; 06-09-2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claudioeloit View Post
        Solar power is the conversion of sunlight into electricity, either directly using photovoltaics (PV), or indirectly using concentrated solar power (CSP). Commercial concentrated solar power plants were first developed in the 1980s.
        Wind solar shelter

Mod note - ad rates can be obtained by contacting user JASON
        Gee, tell us more, Mr. Science.

Comment

Working...
        X