FIAMM 12FIT100 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIAMM 12FIT100 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Batteries

They have been in service for 5-6 years (10 year design life) on float and still test perfect. Great for camping, solar etc.

Mod note - sales not allowed

2nd mod note - banned for crooked selling
    Attached Files
    Last edited by russ; 12-17-2014, 03:38 AM.

Those are high energy density ups / telco, standby/float batteries, and putting them into use for camping and solar, while it could be done, would be a misapplication of the battery. I am finding it hard to see any technical details about cycle life on these.

They have other models designed for cycling and not float / standby. Dude, you can't just dump stuff on us here.

Comment

Yep, that's what I want to depend on when I'm out in the middle of no where 100 miles from a store, a five year old battery.

Comment

Originally posted by jimindenver View Post
        Yep, that's what I want to depend on when I'm out in the middle of no where 100 miles from a store, a five year old battery.
        jim - Wrong battery for the application - totally wrong battery design.
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thank you Russ, I appreciate it and I have read it here before, that's enough for me. The point I was trying to make was that old used batteries were not what I would want to depend on. I use to check out the batteries on craigslist, incredible deals for poorly taken care of batteries. They may be just a year old and of course always charged but they are sitting just above 50% but that's good right, it's still over 12 volts. The 8-D I bought for $75 three years ago was the only one to pass the voltmeter, hydrometer and load test. It's now getting old and may even be toast, luckily the core is worth half of what I paid for it. What replaces it wont come off of CL or be a compromise. It will be shiny and new and built for the application.

Comment

Working...
          X