Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have two fullriver dc215-12 , where to go from here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have two fullriver dc215-12 , where to go from here ?

I just received 2 of the Fullriver dc215-12's. I'm looking to hook up to a system but have no idea where to go from here . Its going in a camp I live in year round no electric at the moment just wood stove and candle / headlamp power so no idea how much power I would be using . What I'm looking to run is LED lighting , radio , tv to play dvd's ,labtop and charge power tool batteries . I'm living in upstate NY plenty of sun in the summer but the winter a bit dark and most likely when I will be using it the most . Any help thanks ?

Hi Sax and welcome to solar panel talk.

When building an off-grid system there is only one way to ensure your system will do what you need it to do, you need to get a handle on how many kilowatt hours you will need the batteries to provide on a daily basis in summer and winter, now this can be very hard to do, but it needs to be done.

I think you should start by reading the off-grid stickys, hopefully that will get you learned up a bit, I am sure there will be some other experienced off-gridders along soonish, cheers and good luck.

Comment

Thanks Pete ,
      all this math is making my head hurt ha. The 2 batteries were payment for a job I did . I'm not looking at getting to involved investing in whole big system , since I have been doin without electric anyways , just looking to use these batteries . I guess my question is what's the min amount of say 100watt panels I'm going to need to handle these 2 batteries. If I lose power no sweat of my back . just kinda looking for a start in the right direction .

Comment

Working...
      X