Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having issues with Sunpower monitoring system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having issues with Sunpower monitoring system?

For the last few days, there have been numerous drops of data most of which have been made up overnight. However, yesterday's missing data has yet to reappear. Also, data is often lagging up to a couple of hours instead of the 15-20 minutes typical. Just wondering if it's local or system-wide.

Originally posted by Ian S View Post
    For the last few days, there have been numerous drops of data most of which have been made up overnight. However, yesterday's missing data has yet to reappear. Also, data is often lagging up to a couple of hours instead of the 15-20 minutes typical. Just wondering if it's local or system-wide.
    Maybe due to those solar flares from that really big sunspot.

Comment

Ian: Yes I've noticed similar to what you're reporting. It got better a couple of days ago, but seems to be back yesterday and today. From my experience, dropouts of this sort are not unusual for my system. Happens most days actually. Usually, things correct by the following A.M. Last few days the correction(s) have taken 2+ days. I sent a couple of e-mails to S.P. a couple of days ago reporting the problem and as usual, no response. So far, yesterday and today, as of 2000+ hrs. have drop outs of several hours each. Other dropouts from prior days have filled in as usual.

As you probably have found out, even with dropouts, you can still get daily totals w/the 5 min. screen. To do so: Select "system" on the "Select Components or System" tab, select "Total Lifetime Energy Produced (kWh)" from the "Select Parameter" tab, then hit the "Graph Now" tab. Then, subtract the day end reading from the day beginning reading for the daily total. That total should be correct even with the dropouts, at least it is for my stuff.

On a sort of related subject, one thing I'm pretty sure of is that the 5 min. monitoring readings (for my system anyway) are actually time stamped 5 min. sooner than they are actually occurring. I first noticed it because the fluctuations seemed out of sync with the readings from the weather station pyranometer readings on my roof (1X/min.), most noticeable and consistent under pt. cloudy conditions. Don't know if it's in my set up or theirs, but this is different than the ~ 15-20 min. delay you report which I also experience.

The 5 min. monitoring is nice, but the time delay and dropouts suck just like S.P.'s monitoring support, at least IMO, as a few horror stories I could relate might confirm.

Comment

Just wanted to report that all is well with the Sunpower monitoring again. Missing data all caught up and updates now are only lagging about 10 minutes.

Comment

Just wanted to report that all is well with the Sunpower monitoring again. Missing data all caught up and updates now are only lagging about 10 minutes.
          Was there any reason for the delay of the data?

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
            Was there any reason for the delay of the data?
            They never bother to say. It seems they are unresponsive although I have never tried. These glitches happen regularly but the catchup is usually quick: this time it dragged on for many days. I just like to be sure it's not unique to my system.

Comment

They never bother to say. It seems they are unresponsive although I have never tried. These glitches happen regularly but the catchup is usually quick: this time it dragged on for many days. I just like to be sure it's not unique to my system.
              It ain't unique to your system. Mine too. As for S.P. responsiveness, +++1 to your observation.

Comment

It happens, not a big deal. I wouldn't expect Sunpower to jump to the gun for HOs. My installer phoned them and got an answer within a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                X