Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rgabriel
    • Oct 2014

Newbie looking for advice

Looking at a quote for 33 Hyundai 270w panels,w/ 2 SMA SB 4000TL-US-22 Inverters, Total quote is 26,500 dollars. Couple of questions:
    General thoughts on Hyundai panels and SMA inverter
    Price does not inlcude monitoring option which is approximatley $1000 more - is it worth paying for this feature versus just checking the electric bill
    Price is standard warranty for the inverter, quote is between 1000 and 2000 to extend warranty to 20 years - is this worth it
    Finally - having trouble understanding how 2 inverters rated for 4000w each are capable of supporting a system taht is generating 8910 watts.
    Thanks
  • solar pete
    Administrator
    • May 2014

Hi rgabriel welcome to solar panel talk

I have had a bunch of experience with SMA inverters and I think they rock. I havnt had any first hand experience with Hyundai panels, so cant help you there except to say we have used a bunch of different panels over the years, had very little trouble with panels, so I wouldnt be scared of them.

Its ok to have a bit more name plate wattage as panels are tested and rated under factory conditions so your 270watt panel will never make 270 watts in the real world, its common to do as you have been quoted.

I would suggest that you go and read some reviews of the company, you want to be sure they know what they are doing. The difference between top notch companies and ordinary ones can be massive. Cheers and good luck

Comment

Working...