X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • russ
    Solar Fanatic
    • Jul 2009

Leading edge BS!

A company is using kick start to collect funds for a hoover board project.

The story is in International Business times dated today http://www.ibtimes.com/hoverboard-re...-video-1559341

Funny part is that a different writer did an expose on the same company back in March
    The whole thing just seems way too good to be true, which begs the question: Are HUVr Boards actually becoming a reality?

Kickstart is a wonderful thing for hucksters!

Edit - I suppose that should be hover
    Last edited by russ; 10-22-2014, 02:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Yeah we have had a couple here already. Remember the Lithium CC?
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
      Super Moderator
      • May 2012

Originally posted by russ
      A company is using kick start to collect funds for a hoover board project.

The story is in International Business times dated today http://www.ibtimes.com/hoverboard-re...-video-1559341

Funny part is that a different writer did an expose on the same company back in March
      The whole thing just seems way too good to be true, which begs the question: Are HUVr Boards actually becoming a reality?

Kickstart is a wonderful thing for hucksters!

Edit - I suppose that should be hover
      The earlier project that you link to is clearly a hoax.
      The current Kickstarter project at least makes an attempt at plausible technology and is more or less upfront over the board needing a special surface (electrically conductive or ferrous?) to hover over. It looks like it is basic mag-lev technology miniaturized to fit a board with a backpack power source.
      I suspect that it also needs to have fast response position sensing feedback circuitry to provide stability, or else depend entirely on the operator for that element.
      Current mag-lev transportation uses a rail for a reason.

PS: You could use a Hoover as the air source for a hover car. I seem to recall one vacuum cleaner that tried to use the exhaust to hover the unit instead of dragging it around the house on wheels. I do not think it caught on though.
      Last edited by inetdog; 10-23-2014, 05:24 PM. Reason: PS:
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• ZoNiE
        Solar Fanatic
        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by inetdog
        The earlier project that you link to is clearly a hoax.
        The current Kickstarter project at least makes an attempt at plausible technology and is more or less upfront over the board needing a special surface (electrically conductive or ferrous?) to hover over. It looks like it is basic mag-lev technology miniaturized to fit a board with a backpack power source.
        I suspect that it also needs to have fast response position sensing feedback circuitry to provide stability, or else depend entirely on the operator for that element.
        Current mag-lev transportation uses a rail for a reason.

PS: You could use a Hoover as the air source for a hover car. I seem to recall one vacuum cleaner that tried to use the exhaust to hover the unit instead of dragging it around the house on wheels. I do not think it caught on though.
        I had one of those vacuum cleaners. It was a hoover. It was shaped like a saucer. It hovered just fine on hard surface, but on carpet it did not, but the flat bottom made it easy to slide on carpet anyway. The exhaust just shot out a hole on the bottom, and you could put the hose on that and use it as a blower. Best canister vac I ever had. It got wet some how, and rusted. Bummer.

hover vac.jpg
        House-Sun Earth Hot Water.
        RV-390W Kyocera, Kid.

Comment

Working...