X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird 329Volt off grid system

Dear reader
    thanks for accepting me here on this forum

Because of lack of funds and high need of power and impossible needs i stumbled upon flexible 100W solar panels that fit my needs perfectly except that they operate @ 329V. They come from a start up company that didnt made it.

fortunately the seller also delivers a stepdown converter that steps the voltage down to 14.4V at a max of 400 Watts.

i decided to take the risk and ordered 4 panels and the step down. it now only needs a charge controller which leads to a totally new quest:

which charge controller?

i know there are 2 types the PWM and the MPPT
    but for my conditions i couldnt find any information regarding using a MPPT charge controller as the voltage stays @14.4

my question:
    Can a MPPT Charge controller still do is job efficiently?

If it really steps it down reliably to 14 v wouldnt that basically be a charge controller? From there cant you just connect a 12v car socket and use whatever adapter you want? I use a charge controller on my battery because my panel can go to 20+ volts. Don't know this, just asking?

Comment

You don't need a controller. Just a relay.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

thanks for your answers

thats where i don't understand it
        can i consider the step down as a PWM ?

even when the voltage is fixed isnt there a way to use the difference in amps to maximise efficiency?

so i guess i have to build my own battery overcharging low battery protection etc

i do feel i dont understand the theory not yet completely..

Comment

Working...
        X