X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I bought my house, I had a certified technician pulled out all the old wires, switches, and outlets. I had him rewired bedrooms and bathrooms with a new 20A circuit for each room. Kitchen, living room and family room have two 20A circuits for each room.

Comment

Originally posted by dat View Post
      When I bought my house, I had a certified technician pulled out all the old wires, switches, and outlets. I had him rewired bedrooms and bathrooms with a new 20A circuit for each room. Kitchen, living room and family room have two 20A circuits for each room.
      You will find out that the new electric code requires more that just two 20A circuits for the kitchen. Depending on the type of appliances and what can be plugged into a wall socket (microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc.) you may be required to have 6 circuits or more.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        You will find out that the new electric code requires more that just two 20A circuits for the kitchen. Depending on the type of appliances and what can be plugged into a wall socket (microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, etc.) you may be required to have 6 circuits or more.
        I forgot to mention that refrigerators, microwave and toaster have its own circuit (not sharing). The two 20A circuits (sharing) are just for blender, coffee maker, charging phones and ipads, and other things that we rarely use daily. In my family room and living room, the entertainment center and the sub-woofers have its own circuit too.

Comment

Working...
        X