converting solar to mains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting solar to mains

hi... I need to convert some solar leds to mains.... I need to convert about 4 strings of 200 leds a couple strings of 100 leds and also 4 lanterns with 1 led each in them... and finally 6 globe lights with 1 led each in them...the globes take 2 x 1.2v aa batteries direct to the solar panel and the string fairy leds all take 1 x aa battery each in the solar panel... I,ll need some kind of transformer that drops the power output from 240vac to about 3vdc ( will 3vdc be ok, the batteries are 1.2vdc but I understand the circuit boards would probs have a booster to output 3vdc to the leds ) .. I have a link for a converter here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3306611029...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ..can someone please take a look and tell me if this would do the job and also if it is doable with the converter would I need 1 for each 200 string of fairy lights or could I attach like 4 strings of 200 to one converter..thanks

Originally posted by Jagsy View Post
    hi... I need to convert some solar leds to mains.... I need to convert about 4 strings of 200 leds a couple strings of 100 leds and also 4 lanterns with 1 led each in them... and finally 6 globe lights with 1 led each in them...the globes take 2 x 1.2v aa batteries direct to the solar panel and the string fairy leds all take 1 x aa battery each in the solar panel... I,ll need some kind of transformer that drops the power output from 240vac to about 3vdc ( will 3vdc be ok, the batteries are 1.2vdc but I understand the circuit boards would probs have a booster to output 3vdc to the leds ) .. I have a link for a converter here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3306611029...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ..can someone please take a look and tell me if this would do the job and also if it is doable with the converter would I need 1 for each 200 string of fairy lights or could I attach like 4 strings of 200 to one converter..thanks
    First off that converter is only rated for 3 watts total. Since you haven't given us the wattage of any of the led strings or lanterns it would be hard to tell you what to get. I am guessing that all of your LED lights total much more than 3 watts.

Comment

Working...
    X