Best battery providers (brands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bghayad View Post
    You really helped me a lot and gave me clear vision. I am fully thanks for you for the information you gave me.

Does it require to be filled by liquid? Yes. Water and Acid in the correct concentrations
    And is it better than lithium? Lithium cost more
    Why you selected 2v battery and did not select battery of 24v? a 24volt battery rated 1000Ah is too big to move. Easier to get a low voltage high Ah rated battery
    Do you have picture for such batteries? There are a number of manufacturers of these batteries that you can find on the internet

Really still I need to know why you decided to apply 48 v on 750 AH as the required 10KWH and not 38KWH (because, 48 x 750 = 38 KWH). Basically if we applied 14 volt on 750 AH, we will get 10.5 KWH, and this 14 v can be obtained from 7 batteries where each one has 2 V. Can you please explain for me? Battery equipment come in distinct sizes. 12, 24, and 48volts. The bigger the system you need to use the higher voltage like 48volts. That 48v 750Ah system will yield 38kWh total. Then if you use 10kWh it will be about a 26% DOD

About the solar panels, charger and invertor: Do you advise for good provider?

Thanks too much.
    Regards
    Bilal
    See comments in Bold above. Also there are many different manufacturers of solar equipment and I would prefer not to provide specific providers

Comment

Do you mean that buying from the electrical company is cheaper than using solar energy?

Regards
      Bilal
      Yes, it means exactly that. Once you take into consideration the cost of replacing batteries every 3-5 years, the cost per kWh is almost always higher than buying it from the utility company.
      Now there are some parts of the US (such as Hawaii) where the cost can be higher than $.50/kWh, but that is still less than the properly calculated cost of a solar system with batteries.

If the utility power is very unreliable, although not expensive, then a system with batteries may make economic sense if the cost to you of being without power is very high. At that point the real cost per kWh of solar PV needs to compared to the alternatives which include generators and batteries and just charging the batteries off the grid when it is on.
      For the country as a whole, using generators or PV is better for the system than trying to charge batteries when the power is on. The latter just increases the load on the utility leading to even more problems and blackouts.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Do you mean that buying from the electrical company is cheaper than using solar energy?

Regards
        Bilal
        DUH! You tell me which is less?

11-cents from the greedy power company for all the electricity you can use. Or 65-cents to 80-cent in very limited quantities for battery cost not including anything else like panels, controllers, wiring. labor, maintenance, and replacement cost.

You would be a fool to take anything off-grid if you had commercial power available.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
          Yes, it means exactly that. Once you take into consideration the cost of replacing batteries every 3-5 years, the cost per kWh is almost always higher than buying it from the utility company.
          Now there are some parts of the US (such as Hawaii) where the cost can be higher than $.50/kWh, but that is still less than the properly calculated cost of a solar system with batteries.

If the utility power is very unreliable, although not expensive, then a system with batteries may make economic sense if the cost to you of being without power is very high. At that point the real cost per kWh of solar PV needs to compared to the alternatives which include generators and batteries and just charging the batteries off the grid when it is on.
          For the country as a whole, using generators or PV is better for the system than trying to charge batteries when the power is on. The latter just increases the load on the utility leading to even more problems and blackouts.
          What PV means?
          The electrical is disconnecting in US?
          Those prices for components that is manufactured in USA or in China?
          Do you recommend for me batter and invertor suppliers?

Regards
          Bilal

Comment

I don't know about Beirut, Lebanon though - What are your power costs per kWh? Bilal - Do you have problems with brown outs or power cuts?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Regards Bilal
              Oh yes, much less expensive.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                I don't know about Beirut, Lebanon though - What are your power costs per kWh? Bilal - Do you have problems with brown outs or power cuts?
                Seems the KWH in USA is almost same as Lebanon but the problem that the power is cutting.
                PV is Photovoltaics.
                As I understood that lithium battery is more expensive than FLA battery. What about Ni batteries?

I do not know if the friends here are talking about components that are manufactured in USA or in China to know the reason for this high cost.
                How much it cost the solar panel in USA that generates 300 Wat? And what is the dimension for this solar panel?

Regards
                Bilal

Comment

A guideline for panel prices in the US is that you can get deals on panels over the internet for prices of $1.00 per watt or lower. Or you can buy new top quality (Sunpower) panels for over $4.00 per watt.
                  Those prices do not include shipping. Shipping is a lot cheaper when you order a full pallet at a time, and can wait a while for delivery.
                  SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

A guideline for panel prices in the US is that you can get deals on panels over the internet for prices of $1.00 per watt or lower. Or you can buy new top quality (Sunpower) panels for over $4.00 per watt.
                    Those prices do not include shipping. Shipping is a lot cheaper when you order a full pallet at a time, and can wait a while for delivery.
                    So solar panel that generates 300 watt is costing 300$, but it is manufactured in USA, right?

And the FLA battery of 2 V and 1000 AH is costing 350$ for 3 years life time is USA manufactured, right?

Regards
                    Bilal

Comment

So solar panel that generates 300 watt is costing 300$, but it is manufactured in USA, right?
                      Incorrect. Two different products you are talking about, not one.

US made panels are far more expensive than imported Chi-Com panels. A US made Sun Power 300 watt panel made in China cost $1200. We can also buy imported Chi-Com made 300 watt panels for $300. Funny huh?
                      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                        Incorrect. Two different products you are talking about, not one.

US made panels are far more expensive than imported Chi-Com panels. A US made Sun Power 300 watt panel made in China cost $1200. We can also buy imported Chi-Com made 300 watt panels for $300. Funny huh?
                        Ops! And practically where I can find the difference between 1200$ Sun Power Panel and $300 Chi-Com panel as both are generating 300 watt?

By the way, those batteries that cost 350$ for each 2Vx1000 AH, they are manufactured in china or usa?

Regards
                        Bilal

Comment

What is the battery brand name that you used?

Regards
                          Bilal

Comment

I don't know in the USA, in Caribbean countries, The Rolls brand and Trojans brand are most popular brands in Jamaica. we also use Trace and US Battery brand.

I am using Rolls 4000 series batteries, I hope I can afford the Trojan industrial line battery or the Rolls 5000 series when I replace my batteries next time.

The Rolls battery are made in Canada? and the Trojan batteries should made in the USA.

Comment

Best battery providers (brands)

for Best battery providers (brands) You can Check this link -
                              <ad link removed>
                              - ---Mod Note: For advertising rates, please contact user Jason.

Comment

Tesla battery

Hello All;

I would like to know the best (recommended) providers (factories or manufactures) for batteries to be used for solar, wind and UPS systems of 10 KWH, 20 KWH, 30 KWH, 40 KWH and 50 KWH.

From the other side, I would be very thankful if someone advise me about the recommended batteries to be used (if to use lead acid or lithuim-ion or Ni).

Appreciate the kindly help and thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
                                Bilal
                                Elon Musk has recently announced what he called the "Tesla home battery". They're essentially Model S batteries suited for solar energy storage. And they'll come at a decent price.

Comment

Working...
                                X