X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sunking
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2010

Boquete Panama Double Rainbow

One of the first short term things you pick up after a few weeks down here the country should be called Rainbow. Up in Boquete Rainbows are almost a daily occurrence and Mother Nature puts on one hell of a show if you are fortunate to be in the right place at the right time. The country is so pretty, green, lush, and then throw in GOD's paintbrush and you get something like this. I did not take this picture and took me a while to find it again. This bridge is about a mile from my house

3240092.jpg
    MSEE, PE
  • Naptown
    Solar Fanatic
    • Feb 2011

Last spring when I got my son from College at WVU
    Followed a storm and rainbow for 3 hours
    Spectacular sight and for a long time
    NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Nice picture Sunking.

We get a lot of rainbows down here in Florida but do not have the same type of geography you have which creates a nice picture.

Actually saw a double rainbow last week when the sun was in the West and the storm was in the East. They are a sight to see.

Comment

• Sunking
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SunEagle
        Nice picture Sunking.

We get a lot of rainbows down here in Florida but do not have the same type of geography you have which creates a nice picture.

Actually saw a double rainbow last week when the sun was in the West and the storm was in the East. They are a sight to see.
        Yeah kind of flat in Florida at sea level. Last time I was there when I played golf there I thought I was going to flood the state when I took a deep divot that left a hole in the ground and sea water started to gushing out. Had to plug it up with sand they give you to carry with you on the cart . Always wondered what those sand bottles were for. Now I know!
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

For rainbows I have never seen anything like Foz de Iguazu on the Brazil, Paraguay, Argentine borders - beneath the falls you look up and all you see are rainbows. The tour guide rushed us through the standard portion of the tour so as to sell us the "extra". In this case it was worth it. https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=U...+iguazu+brazil
          Last edited by russ; 09-16-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: added link
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Sunking
            Solar Fanatic
            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by russ
            For rainbows I have never seen anything like Foz de Iguazu on the Brazil, Paraguay, Argentine borders - beneath the falls you look up and all you see are rainbows. The tour guide rushed us through the standard portion of the tour so as to sell us the "extra". In this case it was worth it. https://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=U...+iguazu+brazil
            Speaking of Brazil for the last two months I have been getting calls from Head Hunters wanting me to come to Brazil and kick contractor butts. Seems they are not going to be ready for the 2016 Olympic games.

One of the hardest things to get use too in Central and South America nothing is important or any urgency to get anything done. I get in trouble with my new job for doing to much. I work part time, 3 days a week. I can get more work done in a day than all my 5 peers can do in a week. IMHO it is the root cause of all economic problems in Central and South America. Productivity is unheard of here.
            MSEE, PE

Comment

• russ
              Solar Fanatic
              • Jul 2009

Somebody wrote a book (years back) about workalholics and it didn't sell well in SA - as I remember a book seller in Venezuela commented, "Why should it" We don't have one of those types in all of SA".
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Mike90250
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Sunking
                ... I get in trouble with my new job for doing to much. I work part time, 3 days a week. I can get more work done in a day than all my 5 peers can do in a week. ...
                In the land of the blind, the one who can see, is King. (or else has his eyes put out)

Just tell the head hunters to triple your pay, and then you might consider them.
                Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

• SunEagle
                  Super Moderator
                  • Oct 2012

Sunking

You might get those pretty rainbows but I just saw that there was a 5.1 Earthquake in your neck of the woods. Hopefully all is well there in Paradise.

Comment

• Sunking
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by SunEagle
                    Sunking

You might get those pretty rainbows but I just saw that there was a 5.1 Earthquake in your neck of the woods. Hopefully all is well there in Paradise.
                    All is well. You have probable heard more than I. Epicenter is roughly 50 miles to the west of us near Costa Rica boarder. First time it happened back when we first got here made us nervous, but it is a regular occurrence in that region. It was only just noticeable here like sitting in a car and a gust of wind gently rocks you for a few seconds. Just barely enough to notice, a real slow gentle side to side motion.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

• inetdog
                      Super Moderator
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Sunking
                      All is well. You have probable heard more than I. Epicenter is roughly 50 miles to the west of us near Costa Rica boarder. First time it happened back when we first got here made us nervous, but it is a regular occurrence in that region. It was only just noticeable here like sitting in a car and a gust of wind gently rocks you for a few seconds. Just barely enough to notice, a real slow gentle side to side motion.
                      I bet that if you were by the canal you might notice the water sloshing.
                      Although if there were a ship going through at the time (true all the time?) you might not be able to see it.
                      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sunking
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by inetdog
                        I bet that if you were by the canal you might notice the water sloshing.
                        Although if there were a ship going through at the time (true all the time?) you might not be able to see it.
                        Perhaps but the canal is 200 miles east and not sure they had any movement there. You guys have heard more than I as the quake is not in the news here. Bu tI don't watch too much TV and when I do is usually from the states. Spanish is not good enough to listen to radio here.
                        MSEE, PE

Comment

• ILFE
                          Solar Fanatic
                          • Sep 2011

In the Philippines, you can see double rainbows fairly often. They are quite beautiful. Most of the ones I have seen, I have witnessed over the water. I haven't seen double rainbows anywhere else in Southeast Asia, though.
                          Paul

Comment

• Grathhis
                            • Jul 2014

Originally posted by livingincebu
                            In the Philippines, you can see double rainbows fairly often. They are quite beautiful. Most of the ones I have seen, I have witnessed over the water. I haven't seen double rainbows anywhere else in Southeast Asia, though.
                            That's wonderful. maybe you can see it on a waterfall i guess? I saw double rainbow when i traveled by a plane and there's this separate dark clouds that pours heavy rain and then a sun rays hit the cloud.
                            [URL="http://www.qualityhvaclasvegas.com"].[/URL]

Comment

Working...