X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Julian Jameson
    • Sep 2014

Kickstarter: Solar Air Heater fan control system + Bluetooth + Android App

Hi guys,

My company has just launched a couple of new products, via a Kickstarter campaign. I'm hoping you can take a look at the campaign, watch any of the videos that you are interested in and offer any feedback.

The main product is a Bluetooth version of my Solar Air Heater fan control system (Okapi).

There's also a cut down version of this product that allows monitoring or data logging of up to five temperature sources via Bluetooth (you can connect a Bluetooth enabled PC, Laptop or Mac to the device).

We also have an Android app available, that you can use to connect to the devices, so that you can see the temperatures and fan speeds in real time.

All the details are in the campaign, and again, I would really appreciate any feedback you have to offer regarding either the products or the campaign itself.

Here's it the project: https://wwwDOTkickstarterDOTcom/projects/2107309041/okapi-bluetooth-the-solar-air-heater-control-syste
    Thanks,
    Julian Jameson (Greenhill EnviroTechnologies Inc.)

---Mod Note: I am tentatively leaving this in so that our members can comment, but i have made the link non-clickable
    This is right on the dividing line between information and advertising.
    Last edited by inetdog; 09-11-2014, 12:37 PM.
  • ttocs
    • Apr 2015

Bluetooth? Really? Have you ever heard of Z-wave or the like? No interest in playing well with Home Automation systems?

Comment

• Julian Jameson
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by ttocs
      Bluetooth? Really? Have you ever heard of Z-wave or the like? No interest in playing well with Home Automation systems?
      Obviously there are many ways to skin a cat.

The Okapi system is designed to work on or off-grid and is easy to install. It's a complete, autonomous system that is built for the lowest cost (no additional controllers, computers, software, Raspberry Pi's, or set up required). For anyone who has built a solar collector it should be very easy to install, simply position the sensors, bolt on the fan and power it on.

If someone wants to add a control system like this to their Home Automation system, I'd be happy to work on the software and hardware requirements for that.

Of course, there'd have to be a market for it!

Comment

• Julian Jameson
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by russ
        Silly BS looking for free money!
        Far from it Russ.

We have two solar collectors that are on my own home and are powered by the Okapi Bluetooth.

If you want to discuss any of the details in any more depth, just let me know. But please, let's keep it mature and professional!

I've attached some of the data, that was been logged from those collectors, from late January until a couple of days ago.
        Last edited by russ; 04-09-2015, 08:52 AM. Reason: removed ad material

Comment

• russ
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Julian Jameson
          Far from it Russ.

But please, let's keep it mature and professional!
          Kıckstart professional - if you want to advertise contact user name Jason for paid advertising
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Julian Jameson
            • Sep 2014

Why would I want to advertise here?

Seems you're on a mission to put me down (for no apparent reason)?!

Kıckstart professional - if you want to advertise contact user name Jason for paid advertising

Comment

• Julian Jameson
              • Sep 2014

Russ, you can call BS and edit posts all day long. I'll be asking the site owner and advertising department to ask you for an apology.

Or you can apologise right here and now and save me the trouble.

Comment

• russ
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Julian Jameson
                Russ, you can call BS and edit posts all day long. I'll be asking the site owner and advertising department to ask you for an apology.

Or you can apologise right here and now and save me the trouble.
                Contact whpever - apology needed or offered - you are trying to freeload and play victim now.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• Julian Jameson
                  • Sep 2014

Contact whpever - apology needed or offered - you are trying to freeload and play victim now.
                  Freeload what?

Comment

Working...