New 2 panel solar array questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daonlyillwiz View Post
    Just curious, when you guys said "The batteries can not handle a 45 amp charge. They are too small for that and will get hurt. Use only one of those 260 watt panels not both." How do you calculate this?

Also i wont be doing this but am curious. If i wanted to tie these two panels into the electrical for my house is it as simple as just getting a grid ties inverter and plugging it into an outlet that can handle the amperage or is that incorrect?

Source for the above question:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKaZfEZHro
    Darn. I got all wrapped up it explaining the battery charge ratio I didn't respond to your second statement.

As inetdog states; those cheap grid tie inverters that plug in are illegal in the US and unsafe. Please do not even consider using them.

A grid tie system needs to meet your Utilities requirements and the local electric code. You can't do that by just putting in a couple of panels and an inverter.

Comment

my introduction

Hi,
      I am abbas and new on the forum and have little or no information on solar panels, but i want to learn more. Hope you can help me

Comment

Hi abbas - Welcome to Solar Panel Talk!

Russ
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Ok so i got my MPPT Tristar CC (mppt45), i hooked it up to my 2 batteries (2x145aH AGM in parallel) and to my 2x lg panels (520W output power). I have installed a 50A breaker right before the positive terminal on the battery, am i also supposed to install one on the positive out of the solar array right before the CC, if so what size do i need to install?

Comment

Working...
          X