off grid cabin, some headway made

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjk5
    • Jun 2014

I have a friend down the hill with a much larger cabin (and system) and he has MUCH less headaches than I do with a current just generator setup.

Once I have SOME solar/battery AC and the gen setup on propane AND to kick on automatically then it will be far less of a PITA.

As far as the lights: I will be changing them, I was just trying to worst case it. It is currently set up with a crappy DC system and I will replace all fixtures and bulbs while I am having wiring re-done

Comment

• SunEagle
      Super Moderator
      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by gjk5
      I have a friend down the hill with a much larger cabin (and system) and he has MUCH less headaches than I do with a current just generator setup.

Once I have SOME solar/battery AC and the gen setup on propane AND to kick on automatically then it will be far less of a PITA.

As far as the lights: I will be changing them, I was just trying to worst case it. It is currently set up with a crappy DC system and I will replace all fixtures and bulbs while I am having wiring re-done
      Just keep an eye on your daily power usage. Again based on your battery size you can probably get away with using 2800 watt hours daily. Using 4000 watt hours will drain your batteries way too quickly.

Comment

Working...