Strange connectors on 150w 12v panels.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dark86
    • Jul 2010

Strange connectors on 150w 12v panels.....

I am not sure how to connect my wires to these strange connectors (the panels came with no wires or instructions).

The manufacturer said just put a screwdriver in and push down and it will "clip the wire."

The images attached show what is going on and i am still confused. The (Spanish) manufacturer now says "nothing wrong with the panels - and it's my problem."

someone please help.
    Attached Files
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

If the connector is what it seems to be, the method of attaching a wire is to press down on the metal tab sticking out below the connector. That should move the metal piece away from the center of the hole allowing you to press a wire into place. When you let go of the metal tab the metal will spring back and press the wire between metal and plastic.
    Similar to some speaker connectors used on audio equipment, but not quite as automated.
    To get the wire back out, press again with the screwdriver until the pressure on the wire is released.

If the spring metal clip has been bent out of place by excessive screwdriver pressure, you may have to figure out some other way to attach the wires.
    There is also a limit to the size of wire that connector can take, and it might be too small for the actual wire you need to minimize voltage drop.
    In that case solder or wire nut a short length of smaller wire onto your actual wire.
    Last edited by inetdog; 08-25-2014, 10:15 PM.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...