Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Several small batteries or big battery ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several small batteries or big battery ?

I want to try out solar so am starting with a one 120W panel. I live in Egypt were we get average of 5.5 hours of sun energy. I am going to use a 100Ah solar (deep cycle) battery and was wondering whether it is better to use 2x60 Ah batteries or single big one.
    I plan to expand the system in the near future with one more 120W panel. The system will be used for backup power since we have between 3-5 cuts a day with each one lasting for 1 hour. The purpose is to feed the living room (60W LED TV, 5x12W CFL and a fan), the CFL will not be used always since 2 of the cuts are usually during the day.

It is always best to buy the biggest you can buy and manage to move around as along as the charging system support it.

Comment

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
      It is always best to buy the biggest you can buy and manage to move around as along as the charging system support it.
      It is always better to either have one battery or multiple that are wired in series. Multiple batteries wired in parallel usually leads to a shorter life due to wiring resistance and unbalanced charging.

Comment

Working...
      X