X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sidelinellc
    • Jan 2014

Enphase disappointment -very poor customer service reg Enlighten

Looking for some feedback on how to actually get in direct contact with a supervisor at enphase. I own a system and am looking for full access to my enlighten account as was available one year prior when i researched the system and components. Looks like i was scammed and others to so be ware.

Apparently, This company has changed there arbitrary rules regarding accessing the data you the customer produce in the form of a firmware upgrade. There continued response on the basic CSR level has been "you want to see your data, fork over some more cash 250$ please". When asked to speak with a supervisor i have been repeatably denied!. This speaks volumes of a company that's growing..

This is pretty unsettling as there are many other good data loggers out there.
    Has anybody had this issue and found a resolve without reprogramming the envoy thereby stopping uploads to enlighten and redirected to your own data logger?
    I'd like to use the system and components as designed. i'm not looking for third party monitoring of my system.
    This company appears geared toward installers and unwilling to deal with owners, unsure how this is going to play out, will keep you posted.
    experiences welcome. thanks
    Last edited by sidelinellc; 07-31-2014, 10:26 AM. Reason: .
  • wrlsguy
    • Jul 2014

Are they no longer displaying the power of each panel for you? Or were you using their API to pull down the data and process with your own tools? I turned on my Envoy last September and I still can see the per panel data within the Enlighten webpages.
    4kW DC solar w/microinverters, Chevy Volt

Comment

• sidelinellc
      • Jan 2014

update: Here's what i found, and it sucks...
      You cannot see of the data that was previously available such as per panel unless you'd like to pay an additional charge of 249.00. Talk about getting screwed. (400$ for an envoy and anothere 249$ = 650!??) i'll replace with another manufacturer first, cheaper. great business model enphase..hope your reading

Unless enphase changes there ways towards its current customers, I cannot see them surviving as it's currently out of touch with consumers....and no, they still haven't contacted me for a resolution as of yet.

I have since researched different applications on the web and the same information keeps popping up regarding enphase's and there antiquated envoy and the cash grab firmware upgrade as it's being known.Wish I was aware of this prior as i had a choice in system monitoring equipment
      This upgrade release in jan 14 limited your view of production data unless you'd now like to pay for it. =scamm Advice - dont buy this unit
      I've found 5 reputable system monitors so far via searching google that have similar and/or better options then the envoy's unrestricted enlighten dashboard and there free,completely compatible with the micro's, and some don't require internet..

Sounds like the CEO needed another house or two before this company goes under. Being it's public company we will watch patiently to see if this ship sinks or floats.

Anyone who's succeeded in getting them to change there tune please post. thanks

Comment

• wrlsguy
        • Jul 2014

I took a quick look around the web using your hints and it seems that the extra $250 was to apply for new systems activated on or after Jan 15, 2014. Was your system activated before that? I took it as fact that per panel monitoring was free for life with Enphase. That was a big part of my decision process over alternatives. But I did pay more than $400 for my Envoy, so maybe the cost of lifetime per panel monitoring was included after all?

My Enlighten Manager is still showing me per panel data. I'll check the firmware version when I get home. However, the Enlighten Manager shows there is a software update available for my Envoy, but it does not say what version it is.

Any class action lawyers lurking on this board offering to organize the affected Enphase customers?

What are some of the alternatives catching your eye for monitoring our Enphase micro-inverter systems?

Comment

• Bikerscum
          Solar Fanatic
          • Jul 2014

One of the quotes I recently got for my system used Enphase micros, and the estimate said " Enphase panel level monitoring included for life, a $249 value"

Any chance it's always been $249 and no one told you?
          6k LG 300, 16S, 2E, 2W, Solaredge P400s and SE5000

Comment

• Colt45
            • Jul 2014

How are you trying to get the data?

I talked with them at length about a month back regarding the API and an Envoy for some custom monitoring we wanted to do for a large commercial system and use our in house servers to talk with the equipment. The info that I got was that this can be done. (I have not tried it yet)

Are they charging you to access YOUR info locally from the Envoy or are they looking to charge you for the "service" of there website?

Comment

• wrlsguy
              • Jul 2014

The version of code on my Envoy is

Current Software Version R3.2.0 (e19ff1)

I'm not going to update it until there is more clarity for fees for pre January 15, 2014 systems.

Comment

• sidelinellc
                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Colt45
                How are you trying to get the data?

I talked with them at length about a month back regarding the API and an Envoy for some custom monitoring we wanted to do for a large commercial system and use our in house servers to talk with the equipment. The info that I got was that this can be done. (I have not tried it yet)

Are they charging you to access YOUR info locally from the Envoy or are they looking to charge you for the "service" of there website?
                I was told the same and read the same, Unfortunately its not the case. Please Google enphase envoy access for more info if you question my logic.
                The data you'll get locally buy cabling(Ethernet to laptop) the envoy is limited and really not what your looking for. very primitive.
                The data that your looking(located in enlighten) for, individual panel output, inverter temps, cycles per panel ect ect you will now pay even though it was free prior to jan. 2014 via there software "upgrade" which will limit what you are able to view unless you now pay 249.00
                You can still use an enphase system, just scrap the envoy and get a different monitoring device. Google is your friend here

Comment

Working...