X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New generation of PV Systems - customizable high efficiency solar panels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMMGEmn6xQA

Mod note - I left this post for comments by members this time. Jason Corp - if you wish to advertise contact user name Jason.
    Last edited by russ; 07-27-2014, 05:47 AM. Reason: mod note

The connection system looks flaky - it would seem to require perfectly shaped tiles?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
      The connection system looks flaky - it would seem to require perfectly shaped tiles?
      I wish the guy luck, but I'd not be the first customer. Perhaps a bit more R & D may be in order before marketing. Fixation looks a tad flimsy/uncertain to me.

Comment

- Thank you for your replay.

What do you mean ? Between the pv tiles or between a pv and a normal tile ?

One of our goal is just get as many feedback as we can to make the necessary changes, and also make a project.
        These are hand made prototype only, except the base frames. At least it doesn't soak under, and the normal tiles hasn't been fixed also. Do you think he should make another video where the normal tiles are fixed ?

Comment

Don't post anything about indiegogo/kickstarter here - you have a long way to get to the point where investors have any hope of success.

The electrical connection between tiles ain't gonna fly. No way for what I see to meet any kind of code. You can't just place tiles beside each other.

As shown, the tiles will make the roof water proof as well as any other tile.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Don't post anything about You can't just place tiles beside each other.

Sure. The connection works, however it's very clear we have to show how, since it's not conventional. I think we also have to prove it with a conventional inverter // with a power output graph during the day/. Anything else to prove show or change ?

P.s.: Please also remember this is basically a home made video.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonCorp View Post
              ..... Anything else to prove show or change ?
              Most places in California, you have to have fire resistant specs. Florida and tornado alley, Wind uplift testing. Anywhere in USA will need UL certification to install on an insured structure, or to connect to a Grid Tie inverter. That's real expensive to have done, you deliver a pallet of panels, and they spend weeks testing them to destruction and bill your for their time. In a year, you find out if they pass.
              Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
              || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
              || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
              gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Sure. The connection works, however it's very clear we have to show how, since it's not conventional. I think we also have to prove it with a conventional inverter // with a power output graph during the day/. Anything else to prove show or change ?

P.s.: Please also remember this is basically a home made video.
                All I see is you are trying to make something for the market and that you hope to raise funds to do so.

The connection working is meaningless - it has to meet up with code requirements. Two copper plates sliding together and possibly making a tight connection is not going to do it as far as I can see.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

it has to meet up with code requirements.
                  Are you talking about the IP 45 electricity shock protection requirements ?
                  The connections are acid and salt water resistant etc etc..

Comment

Are you talking about the IP 45 electricity shock protection requirements ?
                    The connections are acid and salt water resistant etc etc..
                    I think it's a bit more involved than that. Check Mike's post. Testing and certification is no small deal. I think a yr. may be optimistic, and the buy in can be a game changer.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
                      I think it's a bit more involved than that. Check Mike's post. Testing and certification is no small deal. I think a yr. may be optimistic, and the buy in can be a game changer.
                      Testings are done, however the UL is not ready yet, and the same thing with TUV too.
                      Anyway do you have any information about the UL prices , and how long does it take to get it ? I thought it's only a few month... (about 4). Let me know if I am wrong.
                      And it also have the CE certification, maybe the quality of the video is misleading.

Jason

Comment

WAIT- what happened to the original descriptive audio? Why is what appears to already be a commercial product soliciting feedback for prototypes? Does that company approve of your own overdub of their material?

I'm not keen myself on solar shingles, but I don't like to see material appropriated like this without you identifying yourself. For all we know you are a competitor or wannabe.

The biggest question I have is have you even searched for "solar shingles" both here and on the NAWS forum where you solicited similar feedback? Have you guys done ANY reading?

Time to identify yourself JasonCorp.

Comment

Agreed - Identify yourself and what is really happening or do not post further.

Your statements are contradictory.

1) These are hand made prototype only,
                          and
                          2)
                          Testings are done

You get ahead of yourself about UL, CE and TUV all requiring testing.

How each tile is connected one to the next on the roof are the connections I am talking about.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by PNjunction View Post
                            WAIT- what happened to the original descriptive audio? Why is what appears to already be a commercial product soliciting feedback for prototypes? Does that company approve of your own overdub of their material?

I'm not keen myself on solar shingles, but I don't like to see material appropriated like this without you identifying yourself. For all we know you are a competitor or wannabe.

The biggest question I have is have you even searched for "solar shingles" both here and on the NAWS forum where you solicited similar feedback? Have you guys done ANY reading?

Time to identify yourself JasonCorp.
                            Hello ,

I am the business partner of the inventor. This is his video, and I didn't change anything, I only shared his video. The original language is Hungarian ~ so it doesn't make any sense for most of the people in the world.. And these tiles/shingles are prototype only. // Please note that this is the result of 7 years work, so it would be pretty hard to tell everything in a forum. (not the video of course)
                            The production hasn't started yet. We would like to see some opinion, and feedback on the video itself, to see if the information goes through without american dubbing. I thought this is a great place to start. (In the Solar energy technology forum.)
                            The goal is not to advertise the video here on the forum, but to get the feedback and opinion, and see what has to be changed.
                            And yes, sure we know every single product, and we know that this is not a competition for them since this is for a new segment of the market.
                            Let me know if you need more information about me or you just want me to delete or change something in the post.

Jason

Comment

Ok, fair enough.

The problem is that solar shingles are not a new market segment, and just have plainly not taken off since the 1970's. What you are seeking is marketing feedback, and not technical feedback, which even treehuggers have doubts about (the last paragraph is crucial):

http://www.treehugger.com/renewable-...good-idea.html

This is the kind of competition you'll be facing, unless you are aiming at an unknowledgeable DIY market. I can't help you there in good conscience.

Comment

Working...
                              X