Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off grid sizing

Hi all,
    Would like to thank you all for the wealth of knowledge you all contribute on this site. All very helpful for a new guy line myself.
    I have a complete off- grid cabin in upper Michigan currently running on a onan 5kw propane generator. We have been monitoring our loads since spring. We have a total of 2200 watt hours measured with a kilowatt plugin type display and adjusted our usage as seeing fit. I also monitored our usage with a recorder my brother uses at work. He works at our local electric utility co. With a 3 day stay at camp, that is our average stay, three trips we averaged about 1800 watt hours.
    From reading Chris Olsen's post on Sizing Off-grid using gen support, I am getting ready to make a big step forward. Considered a Schneider SW4024 but I have found a good deal on a XW4024. For battery bank four US 250HCXC @ 280ah. Solar panels and controller to be installed in fall or spring of next year.
    I welcome all comments good or bad. I have big shoulders.
    Thanks in advance,
    Andy

either Schneider or XW 4024 would be useable. The new one would come with a warranty, the used ????

EDIT - Are you sure the Schneider SW has the GenSupport+ ?

And you will NEED a SCP as only it currently addresses the Gen Support + feature, which is not in the Combox firmware yet.
    I'm sure you will want the combox logging features, so it's a must too. I've found having both is useful, because when tweaking settings, I can monitor with one, and adjust with the other, and get real time results instead of paging through 6 menu levels to get to meters and settings.
    Last edited by Mike90250; 07-18-2014, 04:15 PM.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Mike, Thanks for reply. XW4024 is being sold with full warranty. Also included is SCP and AGS.

Comment

Working...
      X