Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrevK1701
    • Jul 2014

Help help help

As I am very new to this, actually this is my very first post I am hoping you will all go easy on me. I am the proud owner of a kingspan sc-100 tube solar panel system. Used to heat the water within the house. It is approx 5yrs old but has been swited off for the last two yrs. I switched it on last night as it seemed a lot of money had been spent and it wasn't being used. Anyway after a while things seemed fine until the display unit began to flash red and an error message stating an issue with a fault in sensor or sensor cable, then stating sensor cable faulty or not connected!! Now I have believe it or not read the user manual but unless your Neil Armstrong and know your way about a space shuttle it all makes NO sense. Could someone enlighten me how to solve this and get up and running smoothly again. I may add the company that installed it are looking a generous £90 call out few before even opening the front door of my house plus any additional cost of repair etc!!!

Thanks in advance

Hope someone can help!!
  • J.P.M.
    Solar Fanatic
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by TrevK1701
    As I am very new to this, actually this is my very first post I am hoping you will all go easy on me. I am the proud owner of a kingspan sc-100 tube solar panel system. Used to heat the water within the house. It is approx 5yrs old but has been swited off for the last two yrs. I switched it on last night as it seemed a lot of money had been spent and it wasn't being used. Anyway after a while things seemed fine until the display unit began to flash red and an error message stating an issue with a fault in sensor or sensor cable, then stating sensor cable faulty or not connected!! Now I have believe it or not read the user manual but unless your Neil Armstrong and know your way about a space shuttle it all makes NO sense. Could someone enlighten me how to solve this and get up and running smoothly again. I may add the company that installed it are looking a generous £90 call out few before even opening the front door of my house plus any additional cost of repair etc!!!

Thanks in advance

Hope someone can help!!
    FWIW, 90 pounds for an estimate may be worth it if it comes off the total if you choose the suggested repair. Looked at another way, since you're not an astronaut, paying for a service call may be unavoidable if you intend to get the equipment operational. I'd also check the warranty for any coverage.

Comment

Working...