Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 MW Solar System

Hi all,

I'm doing a project study on creating a 1 Mega W solar power system and I need some help from the Pros.

I found a solar calculator on line and based on 1000000 watt hours, It said I would need 668 PV panels (250W each) and 209 Batteries (24V 200AH).

We've determined the land area for the solar farm and added considerable space for the batteries and controllers and inverters.

The plan for this system is to actually help and power up a small town in the rural provinces. We get about 6 hours of good Sunlight for charging in our location.

Right now I need help on

1) Determining the Connection of the PV (series/parallel or combination of both)
    2) Number of Charge controllers and how the batteries will be connected to it.
    3) Number or type of Power Inverter to use.

All of these infos need to be determined so we could be able to calculate the cost for funding this project, which I know would be huge.

Thanks in advance for your help.

String

Originally posted by Papilux View Post
    I'm doing a project study on creating a 1 Mega W solar power system and I need some help from the Pros.

I found a solar calculator on line and based on 1000000 watt hours, It said I would need 668 PV panels (250W each) and 209 Batteries (24V 200AH).
    That is some funny stuff. Where in the world did you come up with using 209 24 volt 200 AH batteries? Discharging them 100% each day, and you will be replacing them every two months.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      That is some funny stuff. Where in the world did you come up with using 209 24 volt 200 AH batteries? Discharging them 100% each day, and you will be replacing them every two months.
      Well, thats what the calculator's result was. I wanted to find out if that's what really is needed for a 1MW system. If that's wrong, can anyone here suggest what is right? Thanks heaps

Comment

A class assignment?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Here's the link to the calculator. http://www.raymaps.com/index.php/solar-calculator/

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
            A class assignment?
            Yes, a feasibility study to power up a small baranggay (Filipino for town) without electricity.

Comment

Here's the link to the calculator. http://www.raymaps.com/index.php/solar-calculator/
              My anitvirus program says "site unsafe"

Just use PV Watts for insolation

For batteries you and the balance of the system - you have a lot to learn!
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                My anitvirus program says "site unsafe"

Just use PV Watts for insolation

For batteries you and the balance of the system - you have a lot to learn!
                Thanks!

Comment

From CNET
                  http://download.cnet.com/Solar-Calcu...-75892700.html

Comment

Well, thats what the calculator's result was. I wanted to find out if that's what really is needed for a 1MW system. If that's wrong, can anyone here suggest what is right? Thanks heaps
                    I will give you a hint how far off you are. If you use those 24 volt 200 AH batteries it will take 1040 of them, not 209. They need replaced every few years.
                    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                      I will give you a hint how far off you are. If you use those 24 volt 200 AH batteries it will take 1040 of them, not 209. They need replaced every few years.
                      Thanks Sunking.

Comment

Working...
                      X