Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greensolarelectric
    • May 2014

Eproms needed for sunny boy sb3800u/4000u

I have two sunny boy inverters by SMA. I need new Eprom chips and or board with chip's installed. Any body out there has one please contact me.

Thanks,
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by greensolarelectric
    I have two sunny boy inverters by SMA. I need new Eprom chips and or board with chip's installed. Any body out there has one please contact me.

Thanks,
    Are you looking for a particular newer version for an upgrade or to repair a system with blown EPROMs?
    I would guess that there may actually be hardware to firmware compatibility issues at some point if the product life cycle is long enough.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sparkskard
      • Oct 2014

Did you find Eproms do you have one good you can copy or ??

Thanks,
      If you have one good one you you should be able to copy it , burn one .. so where are u ???

Sparkskard

PS I think i sent u Pri. Msg ..

Comment

• greensolarelectric
        • May 2014

I do have a good one it is on a new old stock inverter that was never used. but i don't want to ruin it by putting it in a possible bad card.

What is the process for cloning the eprom? Ive never done this.

Thanks,

Comment

• Sparkskard
          • Oct 2014

Copying ,,Burning and has u put it cloning an eprom

greensolarelectric
          it fairly easy to copy an an eprom u first must read it save it and then burn an other one ..some times you can get copy/burner it has to Eprom socket one for for source and the other one for blank Eprom to be copied ,, so don't have to copy it ..,, just make sure it is a readable Eprom some time data in is in coded so it protected ...... what is the number , type of the eprom you what to clone ?? google Eprom copier , eprom programmers ,, may try to go to youtube ... on how to try it first with one you don't can about and you have a replacement for it,, encase the programmer eats it ~~~~~~ bugsup the eprom ~~~~

I do have a good one it is on a new old stock inverter that was never used. but i don't want to ruin it by putting it in a possible bad card.

What is the process for cloning the eprom? Ive never done this.

Thanks,

Comment

Working...