X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dahur
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Naptown
    Did the revenue grade REC meter agree with the Enphase monitoring during the same time? They are separate items and reading the same should mean that the system had something going on that you didn't see on Enlighten
    Yes, I took actual readings over a 24 hour period on the REC meter. It matched what the Enlighten reported.

Comment

• silversaver
      Solar Fanatic
      • Jul 2013

Did the revenue grade REC meter agree with the Enphase monitoring during the same time? They are separate items and reading the same should mean that the system had something going on that you didn't see on Enlighten
      I was gonna say that... the monitoring might be wrong, but actual product should have been more

Comment

• Naptown
        Solar Fanatic
        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by dahur
        Yes, I took actual readings over a 24 hour period on the REC meter. It matched what the Enlighten reported.
        Then it was not a monitoring issue. Your panels were actually producing less. I would be curious to know how they fixed it.
        NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

• dahur
          Banned
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ian S
          That sounds like they have the capability to remotely turn off/reduce your production. Interesting.

Each inverter has it's own IP address, so yes..like a security camera you can remotely control, these can also be controled. If I didn't like that, I could just unplug the powerline bridge going into my router. I watch my numbers pretty closely and I caught it. I just wonder how many haven't caught it. The tech said he now has to call all their customers and verify their production.

Comment

• dahur
            Banned
            • Apr 2014

Then it was not a monitoring issue. Your panels were actually producing less. I would be curious to know how they fixed it.
            All I Know is they put my system back to the old firmware, and that fixed it. I didn't require the update that was meant for only select customers. I was happy that was all it was.

Comment

• dahur
              Banned
              • Apr 2014

Back to normal....

Comment

• silversaver
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2013

base on the graph, the new firmware probably limited the inverter's peak output. That's why it show flat peak instead of bell shade

Comment

• bcroe
                  Solar Fanatic
                  • Jan 2012

All I Know is they put my system back to the old firmware, and that fixed it. I didn't require the update that was meant for only select customers. I was happy that was all it was.
                  Software will be the death of us all.

Comment

• beatme
                    • Nov 2013

Thanks for posting all of this and the resolution.
                    My system with m250's and SW265 panels will be commissioned today. I wonder which firmware version it came installed with... If I see any clipping I should have a quick fix thanks to you.

Comment

• J.P.M.
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bcroe
                      Software will be the death of us all.
                      As others have also observed, if engineers designed buildings, structures and power systems the way programmers wrote programs and software, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

Comment

• pleppik
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Feb 2014

It's fixed. I just got the call, he had me go to my monitoring, and sure enough it was coming in at 2.73@11:05am. Remember I was topping out at 2.23 for the last week. He said EnPhase had mistakenly done an blanket software upgrade, that should only have been done to select customers. My system had no problems..they hit me with the upgrade I didn't need, and it cut my production on all the micro inverters. They put me back to the old firmware, and it corrected my issue.
                        It didn't occur to me that the manufacturer would be a single point of failure.

Back in my day we didn't have none of these so-called "smart networked" gizmos. Our gizmos were all stupid, and we liked it that way. Stuff gets too smart for its own good, I tell ya. All these smart things, you never know what they're gonna do. I hafta out think my own thermostat these days, and that's just not right.

Now get off my lawn!
                        16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

• inetdog
                          Super Moderator
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by pleppik
                          I hafta out think my own thermostat these days, and that's just not right.
                          Speaking of which, did you notice the recall of some Nest smoke alarms?

The convenient "wave your hand at it to silence" proximity sensing feature was under some circumstances turning the alarm off completely with no visible indication instead.
                          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• pleppik
                            Solar Fanatic
                            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by inetdog
                            Speaking of which, did you notice the recall of some Nest smoke alarms?

The convenient "wave your hand at it to silence" proximity sensing feature was under some circumstances turning the alarm off completely with no visible indication instead.
                            Not the most well-thought-out feature IMHO.

"Convenience" isn't really the purpose of a smoke detector. It's job is to be the most annoying thing possible, but only at the right moment.
                            16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

Working...