Improved Snow Removal Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improved Snow Removal Tool

For a couple of years now I've used a Sno Pro with extension handle to remove snow from my array. It took awhile and usually it was in nasty weather. So I decided to bolt a few together to make a wider broom.

Attached are some pics. Works great if the snow is not too deep. If deep snow I have to go back to the single wide.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by DanS26 View Post
    For a couple of years now I've used a Sno Pro with extension handle to remove snow from my array. It took awhile and usually it was in nasty weather. So I decided to bolt a few together to make a wider broom.

Attached are some pics. Works great if the snow is not too deep. If deep snow I have to go back to the single wide.
    Dan: Any scratching of the glass ?

Comment

Originally posted by J.P.M. View Post
      Dan: Any scratching of the glass ?
      The Sno Pro was designed to remove snow from automobiles in dealer lots. So the material is firm but soft enough to not mar car finishes. It certainly will not scratch glass.

Comment

The Sno Pro was designed to remove snow from automobiles in dealer lots. So the material is firm but soft enough to not mar car finishes. It certainly will not scratch glass.
        Thank you.

Comment

Dan

Nice tool for a ground mount panel system. I would expect you would need a thicker and longer pole for roof top installations but for a ground mount system it looks really good. Thanks for contributing.

Comment

What is the handle made of? How long is the handle? Bruce Roe

Comment

Originally posted by bcroe View Post
              What is the handle made of? How long is the handle? Bruce Roe
              The handle is telescoping and made of high quality aluminum alloy. 6' to 24' long. In the pic I have shown the 12' model. You can see all lengths here:

http://www.roofrake.com/Productpages/snowpro4.asp

but you can find them on the net other places. The head can also be found at reasonable costs if you are willing to search a little.

Good products worth the money.

Dan

Comment

The handle is telescoping and made of high quality aluminum alloy.
                6' to 24' long. In the pic I have shown the 12' model. You can see all lengths here:

http://www.roofrake.com/Productpages/snowpro4.asp but you can find them on the
                net other places. The head can also be found at reasonable costs if you are willing to search a little.

Good products worth the money. Dan
                Thanks, the head looks good. I won't be using a metal handle, to clean a 400V panel, me
                standing in snow. Couple of wood broomsticks here now. Bruce Roe

Comment

Thanks, the head looks good. I won't be using a metal handle, to clean a 400V panel, me
                  You can always use high voltage gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
                    You can always use high voltage gloves.
                    Maybe, I already do?

Comment

They make fiberglass handles also.

Comment

They make fiberglass handles also.
                        I saw one, fiberglass but the outer section was aluminum. Haven't found
                        12' of all fiberglass yet, might be out there somewhere. Bruce Roe

Comment

I saw one, fiberglass but the outer section was aluminum. Haven't found
                          12' of all fiberglass yet, might be out there somewhere. Bruce Roe
                          Even the fiberglass poles used by Electricians to pull high voltage fuses will eventually allow voltage to track down it. They need to be cleaned properly and retested for insulating capabilities every few years to make sure they are safe to use.

Next level of safety is to use those gloves which by the way should also be tested every 6 months if used or 1 year if stored.

Bottom line is that if it can, electricity will kill someone if they take a short cuts, get complacent or make assumptions.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but where would I find something like this online? I have 22 panels mounted on my garage that I would be able to access with the correct length handle. Any websites or stores that sell something like this?

Comment

Best way to get snow off your panels is move to a warmer climate.
                              MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
                              X