Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick C
    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by SolarShadow
    I agree with much of what was said to you and being you have the batteries already then try to get a 24 volt or 48 volt inverter to better utilize them. You mention you bought them a year ago so how did you maintain them for that year? If they weren't properly cared for you may be replacing these soon too.
    I will check into a different inverter, that makes since, I keep my batteries hooked up with a small load and use the charger I had in my big truck for when I was close to shore power to keep them topped off. When I stopped driving over the road I bought four 12V deep cycle batteries and used them with a gen. and the 3000W inverter I had at the time, after 4 to 5 years of use I hooked up my inverter in the dark and fried it, ( I don't need to say what I did wrong, ) I got rid of batteries do to age, about a year ago I retired, I bought a 750W inverter and hooked it to my pickup's battery, it would only last about 3 to 4 Hr. until buzzer would sound and I would start gen. I got tired of that, so I bought 4 batt. like I had before and I could run all night, but 750W was not enough power so I bought the 2500W inverter, I have never used a charge controller or solar panels. I am in the AZ. desert and have abundant sun, I appreciate everyone's help, and am learning so please don't stop teaching.

Comment

Working...