vacume tube solar tank help/sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vacume tube solar tank help/sizing

I had my uncle give ma a panel with 30-40 tubes. His tank went bad ant he is going to move so lucky me, I now have a free panel but need help with a tank.

I have an on demant water heater and want to get a storage tank. I don't need heat in it. I have an old farm house with a storage tank from the windmill in the block wall if it would be east to make one but don't want to gain heat in the house from it. It probably is a 1000+ gallon holding tank. What are your suggestion's?

Greg

Originally posted by crazyearlr View Post
    I had my uncle give ma a panel with 30-40 tubes. His tank went bad ant he is going to move so lucky me, I now have a free panel but need help with a tank.

I have an on demant water heater and want to get a storage tank. I don't need heat in it. I have an old farm house with a storage tank from the windmill in the block wall if it would be east to make one but don't want to gain heat in the house from it. It probably is a 1000+ gallon holding tank. What are your suggestion's?

Greg
    Hi Greg,

Solar has many variables. your location will affect the collector and tank size ratio

Here on the Costa Blanca Spain 1 x 58mm x 1800mm vacuum tube will heat about 10 litres of stored water per day, so for example if you need 200 litres of stored hot water 20 tubes will be required

It may be different in your area

Hamish built his own swh using an electrical cylinder as the storage tank , take a look back at his posts they may give you some ideas.

Cheers Tony

Comment

80 to120 gallon tank for your system should work.

Comment

Working...
      X