Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcpaisley View Post
    Here it is - solar charged golf cart

The solar charger golf cart has been running for a week now. I haven't used the charger in that long either. Batts are topped off and charger is in trickle mode.
    It got a lot of use on Sunday. That was the real test. Batts were fully recharged by mid Monday. We just kick it out the door when we open the shop and let it charge all day.

It has one 245W grid tie panel and a Genasun Boost Charge Controller. The charge controller has a DC-DC converter to bump up the available voltage for MPPT regulation to the 48V battery pack.
    I have seen 197W peak recorded. That's power out of the charge controller as measured by a Watt meter.

I would say it works better than what we were hoping for. No more plugs and chargers and extension cords really makes operation nice and simple.

Robert

Here are a couple of pics
    Wow, you did a fantastic job !!!

Comment

Hi Robert,

Read all the posts.... Been a while now, how is it going ? Looking to do the same. Any advise ?

Comment

I would like to use me 36 volt golf cart battery bank in my emergency solar power system for my house to keep the bare essentials on, how could I do this without changing battery cables every time to make a 12 volt system. any help would be much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD2 View Post
          I would like to use me 36 volt golf cart battery bank in my emergency solar power system for my house to keep the bare essentials on, how could I do this without changing battery cables every time to make a 12 volt system. any help would be much appreciated
          You might be able to find a rare 36v inverter otherwise you will have to disconnect the golf cart batteries and use enough for a 12V system.

Comment

Working...
          X