Clear All

• New USA original LED solar street light

5f09c6275645672590113f85e1618376.jpg
    Specifications
    1. USA Phili ps original LED
    2. 5 years quality warranty
    3. IP65 waterproof
    4. New Fashion design

DP-SR001-40W all in one en.ofweek.com/LED-Garden-Lamp-LED-Yard-Lamp-10081017 solar garden lighting 20W-40W
    1. LED Main light: philip s LED 12V20W-40W; 6500K
    2. Solar Panel:mono./poly:17.5V60W, 17%high efficiency
    3. Storage Battery: 12V60AH maintenance free GEL storage battery
    4. Controller: 12V10A intelligent light & time controller
    5. Microwave intelligent motion sensor control system
    6. Pole: total height 5M, aluminium alloy unibody pole, dia.10mm, in any color possible
    Last edited by Mike90250; 03-12-2014, 01:34 AM. Reason: mung advert address
    [url=http://en.ofweek.com] B2B marketplace[/url]

Originally posted by dashan View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3862[/ATTACH]
    Specifications
    3. IP65 waterproof
    4. New Fashion design

DP-SR001-40W all in one en.ofweek.com/LED-Garden-Lamp-LED-Yard-Lamp-10081017 solar garden lighting 20W-40W
    6. Pole: total height 5M, aluminium alloy unibody pole, dia.10mm, in any color possible
    Yikes. This is such a poor post, I have no idea what the *#)!^ I'd be getting.
    The url points to a page full of items
    WTF is a 20-40W light ?
    Who is using a GEL battery on a PV system. That's going to be a warranty claim in less than a year
    And the benefit of an expensive/power hungry microwave motion sensor over a PIR sensor is ??
    aluminium ?

Sorry to tear a terrible ad troll apart, but it's poetic.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Not to mention why I would want a light 5 meters in the air to illuminate my garden. And with the pole only being 10mm in diameter I would expect it to bend over in a breeze.

Comment

Looks like typical Chi-Com junk to me.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

I think the 10mm supposed to be 100mm?? but even that is very small dia for 5m high.
          Could probably get away with the gell battery as the light would be only on for very short time as its not a "all night" on light. But its not the best choice of battery.

"" in any color possible "" sky blue pink?

Comment

Originally posted by Sunny Solar View Post
            I think the 10mm supposed to be 100mm?? but even that is very small dia for 5m high.
            Could probably get away with the gell battery as the light would be only on for very short time as its not a "all night" on light. But its not the best choice of battery.

"" in any color possible "" sky blue pink?
            It looked like the entire list of parts and equipment was just slapped together without being checked to get some advertising for this lighting fixture.

The big tell was the claim that it is made in the USA and yet some of the data was metric. There was also the info on the charge controller that sounded like one of them cheap ones that like to point out it's ability to control lights. Most good charge controllers don't even have that feature.

Comment

Who Needs Superheroes? These LED Streetlights Fight Crime

Originally posted by dashan View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3862[/ATTACH]
              Specifications
              3. IP65 waterproof
              4. New Fashion design

Here is what I sent to our city mayor and they are researching. These are LED's, the lights talk to each other and the main contorl center by wireless mesh network.
              I live on the Pinellas Trail here in FL, and will help keep the trail safe at night for the NUTS that want to be on it after dark.
              Don

http://news.yahoo.com/needs-superher...170106861.html

Comment

Why do the lights need to talk to each other?? they get lonely? to provide security for each other?? And why they need to connect to a computer??.Chat on Twitter?? They have own sensor to turn on and off??

Comment

Why do the lights need to talk to each other?? they get lonely? to provide security for each other?? And why they need to connect to a computer??.Chat on Twitter?? They have own sensor to turn on and off??
                  I think the idea behind connecting the lights to the network is so they can be turned on and off remotely. The article specifically mentions a police officer being able to turn up the lighting in an area (such as a crime scene) before leaving his car.

But you never know--if we make the street lights smart enough they just might get lonely.
                  16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

Not really lonely. What they do is that they are normally off at night, and high tech motion sensors see body heat/movement and turn on that light. Based on the direction of the walker/biker, it turns on the next light in the sequence, turns the previous one off if there is no activity in its area. The lights send the on/off/time information back to the center. The police can monitor/activate/deactivate the lights from their police cars. So, if they get a report of something at night in a specific location they can look at the sequence of light activity on the trail and get an idea as to which way the individual/animal is traveling and dispatch on that information. The trail is used by a LOT individuals that commit a crime and head for the trail to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang65 View Post
                      Not really lonely. What they do is that they are normally off at night, and high tech motion sensors see body heat/movement and turn on that light. Based on the direction of the walker/biker, it turns on the next light in the sequence, turns the previous one off if there is no activity in its area. The lights send the on/off/time information back to the center. The police can monitor/activate/deactivate the lights from their police cars. So, if they get a report of something at night in a specific location they can look at the sequence of light activity on the trail and get an idea as to which way the individual/animal is traveling and dispatch on that information. The trail is used by a LOT individuals that commit a crime and head for the trail to escape.
                      Intriguing, but... IMHO it would be more cost effective to design the lights individually dusk to dawn (provided you have enough battery, panel & sunshine)...

Then install motion-detecting wi-fi cameras on them (sending images to dispatch)... that way you can determine whether if it is an animal or human (waste of resources to send an officer out to investigate a stray-cat's activity), and possibly identify the suspect... at the very least by clothing or means of transportation (on-foot or wheels).

Which would be better?:
                      Dispatcher telling officer "look for something moving east on the trail".
                      Dispatcher telling officer "look for male in blue t-shirt on skateboard moving east on the trail".
                      Last edited by Shockah; 03-15-2014, 02:48 PM. Reason: expanded.
                      [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

Big Brother is Watching

Originally posted by Shockah View Post

Which would be better?:
                        Dispatcher telling officer "look for something moving east on the trail".
                        Dispatcher telling officer "look for male in blue t-shirt on skateboard moving east on the trail".
                        Well actually, the cameras would hit a snag in the courts down here in Florida, as everyone (more than likely just the persons commiting the crimes, that have to appear in court) that it is an invasion of their privacy. They had to remove public cameras from a few of the streets in Tampa. The circuts do not have the ability to send that much data as they are basicly a Zigbee / Zwave network... working on milliamps and not much data, but with the ability to transmit the data from one light post to the next or about a mile to the next repeater or coordinator module. Who knows, maybe the next generation of street lights?

I was just impressed with the amount of light that they produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang65 View Post
                          Here is what I sent to our city mayor and they are researching. These are LED's, the lights talk to each other and the main contorl center by wireless mesh network.
                          I live on the Pinellas Trail here in FL, and will help keep the trail safe at night for the NUTS that want to be on it after dark.
                          Don

http://news.yahoo.com/needs-superher...170106861.html
                          Since I live in the area I know about all of the crime on the trail and the idea of LED lighting has a lot of merit.

Just be aware that the lighting system that the OP showed is probably not high quality and definitely not made in the US. I am sure there are solar pole lights that can be found that will meet all local electrical codes and I hope the City Mayor finds something. Forwarding that info to him was a nice idea.

Comment

Working...
                          X