No announcement yet.

add panel to existing solar array

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what manual says "The inverter has detected a deviation in the differential current measurement. If this message is repeated frequently, the inverter disconnects from the power distribution grid."

This a small 7.1kW system...... Besides that, I'm getting pretty good output for a 7.1kW system.
    Attached Files

Comment

Differential current measurement maybe being what a GFCI or RCD detects in a normal AC branch circuit?
      Or possibly the inverter has two line connections and a neutral connection and is seeing one line behave differently from the other line? Potentially indicating a POCO problem.
      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
        Differential current measurement maybe being what a GFCI or RCD detects in a normal AC branch circuit?
        Or possibly the inverter has two line connections and a neutral connection and is seeing one line behave differently from the other line? Potentially indicating a POCO problem.
        I have no idea at all.... Installer just call me today, they will replace a new inverter for testing purpose later on. They cannot find out what might be the reason yet. They have test the ground and all connectors, but cannot track down the issue. I'm not sure which inverter I will be getting, maybe the new SMA 6000TL-US-22 or just another 6000TL-US-12

Comment

Originally posted by silversaver View Post
          Hi,

I have 26 panel of Bosch 255W panel running in 2 string of 13 panels with SMA 60000TLUS-12 inverter. I would like to add 1 panel to each string, but the Bosch 255W were unavailable and have to use the Bosch 245W instead. My question is will the new 245W decrease the performace of each array since it has lower Voc and Impp??

Spec:

255W Vmpp 30.51 Impp 8.36 Voc 38.00 Isc 8.92
          245W Vmpp 30.11 Impp 8.14 Voc 37.80 Isc 8.72

Thank you

Is this a commercial installation as it would exeed the 4Kw maximum for a residential one !.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGreenElectrics View Post
            Is this a commercial installation as it would exeed the 4Kw maximum for a residential one !.
            Nope - it is residential - this is not the UK.
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
              Nope - it is residential - this is not the UK.
              Oh !.... OK. I wish we were allowed to have larger systems here. But the way they have the rules set up here with FIT's, you cannot install anything over 4Kw at a residential property. Unless you are happy to install a seccond system with seperate metering and cables which would not be eligible for the FIT's. Then you can do it !.

Comment

Originally posted by GoGreenElectrics View Post
                Oh !.... OK. I wish we were allowed to have larger systems here. But the way they have the rules set up here with FIT's, you cannot install anything over 4Kw at a residential property. Unless you are happy to install a seccond system with seperate metering and cables which would not be eligible for the FIT's. Then you can do it !.
                Because of the silly high FITs - they don't want to pour more money down that rat hole than they have too.
                [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                  Because of the silly high FITs - they don't want to pour more money down that rat hole than they have too.
                  Thats not the reason at all, because they are happy to continue paying the high FIT's to large Solar Farm owners even ones which are privately owned. They just want to ensure that as much of the FIT money which is paid out, goes into the smallest number of pockets. That is the way British politics has always been. By doing this it is far less trouble to control what the money is used for. As they can manipulate a small group of very wealthy individuals. But they cant so easily manipulate the larger majority of the population.

If the FIT system were to be operated in a manor that simply entitled the Solar/Wind owner to 1 Kwh credit against his bill for the time of day each Kwh is generated. With the exess being fed back into the grid and being credited in such a way that you could use those credits in the winter. IE 1 Kwh generated at PEAK time = 1Kwh off the PEAK rate charges etc... Then imiediately Solar installations would become extremely popular throughout the country. The Electricity companies would have an epileptic fit and their proffits / share prices would drop like a stone.

To prevent the Electricity companies loosing out.

First a system was designed which gave limited ability for domestic owners to own their own Solar generating systems. However those home owners would only be eligible to claim FIT payments for any of the generated power as long as the system is bought from and installed by an "Aproved MCS registerd installer" These installers have to pay an extortionate annual fee to the MCS governing body. Interestingly the MCS governing body was set up 100% in conjunction with the power companies and much of that FEE money is paid back to them.

Seccond, Private Solar Farm operators are able to obtain massive grants toward the costs of setting up their facility. These grants are provided by the power companies in exchange for an interest payment on top of the capitol loan. The FIT money paid to the Solar Farm operator by the government is still singificant and enables him to get rich quiet quikley. The Power companies then proffit by being able to re-sell the electricity at a high price which has been generated, with minimal grant outlay costs. A cost which is significantly lower by comparison to what it would have cost them to build a traditional power station.

In the end, the main benefactors of the UK Renewable Energy FIT scheme are the Wealthy Land owners who host the solar farms and the power companies. The small amout of Solar power generated by domestic installations is a drop in the ocean and serves only as a dummy to keep domestic renewable entuhsiasts like myself quiet !. Only with me I can see through their crap and wont stay quiet !!.

Comment

Maybe Inetdog can help me confirm about the Sunnyboy ..

Apparently, in some cases the interior rotary switches are set to the wrong values depending on where the unit was imported from. And even though some may be intended for a specific locality, the switches *may* be in the wrong position. Like C10/11 for Belgium, G83/1 etc...

Please tell me If I'm talking out my, erm, you know what here.

Comment

Originally posted by PNjunction View Post
                      Maybe Inetdog can help me confirm about the Sunnyboy ..

Apparently, in some cases the interior rotary switches are set to the wrong values depending on where the unit was imported from. And even though some may be intended for a specific locality, the switches *may* be in the wrong position. Like C10/11 for Belgium, G83/1 etc...

Please tell me If I'm talking out my, erm, you know what here.
                      I do not have any direct experience with that as the switches on mine were either correctly set by the factory or were set by the installer. I have never had to change any of the internal switches.
                      In any case, my SB3000 (not TL!) has only a few jumpers for the mains geometry (grounded neutral vs. no neutral, etc.) and switches for display language. All the rest is autosensing.
                      Last edited by inetdog; 06-17-2014, 06:07 PM.
                      SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                      X