X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarma
    • Feb 2014

BLDC Pump

Hello !

I have been reading a lot on solar panels and harvesting energy, and have come to a conclusion to start a new project (DIY) !

Understand that BLDC pumps are maintenance proof and can easily be run on solar PV system.
    Can anybody guide me as to how about going out to get the necessary gear for selecting a pump (BLDC) to lift water from a open well of 18 feet deep and lift it to a ht of say 20 ft. I would like to run the pump exclusively on solar panel only and no batteries !

Awaitng for a lead ....

Sarma
  • inetdog
    Super Moderator
    • May 2012

Originally posted by Sarma
    Hello !

I have been reading a lot on solar panels and harvesting energy, and have come to a conclusion to start a new project (DIY) !

Understand that BLDC pumps are maintenance proof and can easily be run on solar PV system.
    Can anybody guide me as to how about going out to get the necessary gear for selecting a pump (BLDC) to lift water from a open well of 18 feet deep and lift it to a ht of say 20 ft. I would like to run the pump exclusively on solar panel only and no batteries !

Awaitng for a lead ....

Sarma
    Hello Sarma, and welcome to Solar Panel Talk.

By BLDC I assume you mean brushless DC pump motors, also more descriptively called electronically commutated DC motors.

I would not call them either maintenance proof or maintenance free, but they can be used well with solar input without using batteries if the pump motor controller has the capability of sensing the available solar power and tuning the pump speed to take exactly that amount of power from the panels. It is in effect an MPPT controller interfaced with the (pulsed) DC motor.

The first question is how much water you need to pump and to what height and can you pump to a storage tank steadily over the course of the day or do you need high flow and pressure intermittently. If the latter, you will have to include batteries and a charge controller into the system.
    SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

• Sarma
      • Feb 2014

BLDC Pump

Originally posted by inetdog
      Hello Sarma, and welcome to Solar Panel Talk.

By BLDC I assume you mean brushless DC pump motors, also more descriptively called electronically commutated DC motors.

I would not call them either maintenance proof or maintenance free, but they can be used well with solar input without using batteries if the pump motor controller has the capability of sensing the available solar power and tuning the pump speed to take exactly that amount of power from the panels. It is in effect an MPPT controller interfaced with the (pulsed) DC motor.

The first question is how much water you need to pump and to what height and can you pump to a storage tank steadily over the course of the day or do you need high flow and pressure intermittently. If the latter, you will have to include batteries and a charge controller into the system.
      Hi

I require 2500Litres per hour, and I only require to fill tank on the Ground level ! So I was planning without batteries !

Comment

Working...