Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Leader in Solar Energy Industry

Hi There,

The other day i and my friend had a discussion on Who is the leader in Solar Energy Industry. Some asked UK, Some America and Some China as well. Today, i want to know from you guys here Who is the Leader in Solar Energy Industry.

Your views will be appreciated. Looking forward to them.

Thanks

Originally posted by greenenergyscot View Post
    Hi There,

The other day i and my friend had a discussion on Who is the leader in Solar Energy Industry. Some asked UK, Some America and Some China as well. Today, i want to know from you guys here Who is the Leader in Solar Energy Industry.

Thanks
    Define "leader."

Do you mean who makes the most modules? Who has the coolest new technology? Who has the largest installed capacity? Who is putting in new capacity the fastest? Which country gets the highest percent of its power from solar? Where the subsidies are highest?

You will get a different answer to each of these questions.
    16x TenK 410W modules + 14x TenK 500W inverters

Comment

Originally posted by pleppik View Post
      Define "leader."

Do you mean who makes the most modules? Who has the coolest new technology? Who has the largest installed capacity? Who is putting in new capacity the fastest? Which country gets the highest percent of its power from solar? Where the subsidies are highest?

You will get a different answer to each of these questions.
      Sorry just get back. My mean "Which country gets the highest percent of its power from solar"? Please advice.

I believe UK is the leader.

Comment

Hi,

As my opinion,Germany has became the world largest producer of solar power. Germany create a new record in july by providing 5.1 terawatt-hours of electricity from solar.
        [URL=nealelectrical.com.au]Solar panel adela[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by jennifersmith View Post
          Hi,

As my opinion,Germany has became the world largest producer of solar power. Germany create a new record in july by providing 5.1 terawatt-hours of electricity from solar.
          His question was, "Which country gets the highest percent of its power from solar"? Not how many tW nor is it opinion - whatever country it will be fact.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Jamaica Public Service Co. Ltd., the only power company in the Island Issue a statement stated because the amount of people in Jamaica go off grid that the remainder have to pay more per kwh in order for the power company to survive. I guess that do mean something?

Comment

Hi There,

Thanks
              The question's a bit confusing, can't you be more certain.

Comment

Originally posted by patienceweilan View Post
                The question's a bit confusing, can't you be more certain.
                Yes, my question is very simple. I want to know the leading country name who generate maximum energy from solar. Like one of member said Germany is there who generate maximum energy from solar for there industry and home energy.

Thanks,

Comment

Yes, my question is very simple. I want to know the leading country name who generate maximum energy from solar. Like one of member said Germany is there who generate maximum energy from solar for there industry and home energy.

Thanks,
                  Google search is your friend. Why expect others to do it for you?
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by russ View Post
                    Google search is your friend. Why expect others to do it for you?
                    After few days may be it will appear in Google and others can take help from this.

Comment

After few days may be it will appear in Google and others can take help from this.
                      You are making a blog or wiki entry? There is so much out there now that it isn't worth it.
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

I tried to find the answer on the web but i could not get the right answer. Lots of confusion there on the web. Some said Germany, some UK, some Japan, Some China. That's why i posted it here.

Comment

This is a little ambiguous - if its in terms of growth, the UK and Germany are up there!

In terms of panel makers, it's a tough one... of course the chinese are big players, but how stable these solar panel providers are is subjective in my opinion!

We personally use Solarworld's black panels in our installations - so far so good.. and they look better than conventional coloured panels!

Comment

However your question is not really clear for me, here is something from 2012 :NPD_SOLARBUZZ_top_10_countries_2012_550-600x0.JPG
                            Related to the PV market size, Germany is the biggest.
                            Italy has a big market too, however the most increasing market maybe Japan today, after the catastrophe of Fukushima.
                            If the question is related to watts/habitant than Germany has 436 w/habitant, Italy 294 w/habitant , Belgium 268 w/habitant , Greece 229 w/habitant, in 2013.
                            It also would be useful to know if your question is related to ground mounted, residential, commercial or industrial segment of the market.

Jason

Comment

There is a Wiki about the Electrical generation from renewable sources, Should contain enough info for you to calculate the % from solar, Fun to see several countries get all or most of their electric from hydro! including Canada at near 60%http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ewable_sources

Comment

Working...
                              X