Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulwater View Post
    This is solar traffic light from china!
    company say can work for seven days in cloudy condition!

the solar panel specification
    Pmax 4.3W
    Voc 9.6V
    Vmp 8.0V
    Isc 0.59A
    Imp 0.54A

Battery
    6V,10Ah
    How many hours a day will that light actually be on and how many watts is it rated for?

That information will help determine the number of watt hours the light will be on each day and help determine how many days the battery will actually light it.

Nice little experiment you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
      How many hours a day will that light actually be on and how many watts is it rated for?

That information will help determine the number of watt hours the light will be on each day and help determine how many days the battery will actually light it.

Nice little experiment you have there.
      Hello
      Will work for 24 hours,but I dont' have led specification,only know is a flash light!
      show you the link
      http://www.zhan-yi.tw/products/categ...&language=_eng

Yes,I like experiment!haha~It's for my concept design!

Thanks!

Comment

Ineteresting.

product_solar_powered_p03.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by paulwater View Post
          Will work for 24 hours,but I dont' have led specification,only know is a flash light!
          Well you had better find out, otherwise you are likely in for a nasty surprise. For example if the LED is say 2 watts x 24 hours = 48 watt hours. That 4 watt panel and 10 AH battery is not going to work. Well it will for about a day or two, then dead after that.
          MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
            Well you had better find out, otherwise you are likely in for a nasty surprise. For example if the LED is say 2 watts x 24 hours = 48 watt hours. That 4 watt panel and 10 AH battery is not going to work. Well it will for about a day or two, then dead after that.
            A flashing light so it has about a 20 to 30% duty cycle. Propably 10 to 15 Wh daily. In most locations though the panel would have a hard time keeping up with that in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wy_White_Wolf View Post
              A flashing light so it has about a 20 to 30% duty cycle.
              Well OK but there is a difference in my mind between a Flash light, and Flashing Light.

Language translation issue.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Working...
              X