Lighting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting problem

Are the lights supplied with the Harbor Freight 45 watt kit polarized ? Does it matter if the poles are reversed ?

Originally posted by Earth woods View Post
    Are the lights supplied with the Harbor Freight 45 watt kit polarized ? Does it matter if the poles are reversed ?
    self ballasted lamp
    HY-2U/12V
    12VDC 380mA
    5W

Those CFL lamps are great and the only thing worthwhile in the kit. I kept the two I had before I sold the kit to another sucker.

You can unscrew the plastic dome, then twist the bulb CCW to see how they are wired to the socket base. I'm not positive but I believe the wire to the shell of edison base would be the negative. I wasn't concerned about it as I paid attention to the wires when I removed those funky plugs that went into the CC.

Comment

Can you please tell me how to unscrew the plastic dome, as I a not getting how to do it. So please help.

Comment

Originally posted by kalefinn View Post
        Can you please tell me how to unscrew the plastic dome, as I a not getting how to do it. So please help.
        Hold each end, twist counter clockwise. It's similar to unscrewing a light bulb. If you need help... I could go on with the light bulb jokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Earthwoods View Post
          ....Does it matter if the poles are reversed ?
          Most likely, yes - it matters.
          Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
          || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
          || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
          gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
            Most likely, yes - it matters.
            With a well designed fixture, it would just not work if connected backwards.
            With a conservatively designed fixture, it would work either way, with a small penalty in efficiency.
            With a cheap design, it could be damaged by reverse connection.
            I cannot say which category the Harbor Fright fixtures fall into, and the contents of the kit could change without notice.
            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Thanks for the solution now I got it how to unscrew it.

Comment

Working...
              X