enginiered drawings,net metering, & permit schedual - grid tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russ View Post
    8 Mw? Wow - already and the expert - sounds more like green garbage to me. You were warned about placing links some time back as I remember.
    I do draw things for a living so yea, once I understood the difference between mechanical drawings, and structural engineering drawings it was pretty easy to cross over.

Comment

Originally posted by Energi View Post
      Why can't you post a link to a how to site. It has no connection with any sellers. It's a how to do the paper work kind of site for the DIYer. Or do you just not like the DIYer.
      Yup , over 8 mega watts. What can I say I bought the right products from the right supplier and installed it in a perfect location.
      That link I did not remove if you bother to notice - the links to sale sites are gone.

Nothing wrong with DIY - lots wrong in telling tall tales.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

That link I did not remove if you bother to notice - the links to sale sites are gone.

Nothing wrong with DIY - lots wrong in telling tall tales.
        What tall tail. Everything I explained in the reply happened. What do you need from me to prove it to you? I will be happy to supply photos.
        Attached Files

Comment

I do draw things for a living so yea, once I understood the difference between mechanical drawings, and structural engineering drawings it was pretty easy to cross over.
          Now learn the difference between a kilowatt and a megawatt.

kW = 1,000W

mW = 1,000,000W

Did you really buy 8 million watts of panels for your roof?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaSun View Post
            Now learn the difference between a kilowatt and a megawatt.

kW = 1,000W

mW = 1,000,000W

Did you really buy 8 million watts of panels for your roof?
            Ive been schooled. I should of said 8 mwh

Comment

Energi you are busted as being a liar. You do not know the difference between a Kw and Mw. So time for you to move along on out of here. A 8 MW plant is enough to run 120 luxury sized homes you moron.
              MSEE, PE

Comment

Perhaps he means his system has produced 8 MW Hours
                NABCEP certified Technical Sales Professional

[URL="http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showthread.php?5334-Solar-Off-Grid-Battery-Design"]http://www.solarpaneltalk.com/showth...Battery-Design[/URL]

[URL]http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html[/URL] (Voltage drop Calculator among others)

[URL="http://www.gaisma.com"]www.gaisma.com[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                  Energi you are busted as being a liar. You do not know the difference between a Kw and Mw. So time for you to move along on out of here.
                  Sorry Im not perfect like you. I did not type the H.
                  1 mega what HOUR = 1000 Kwh

Comment

Originally posted by Naptown View Post
                    Perhaps he means his system has produced 8 MW Hours
                    Thanks for the civil response. I appreciate it very much. Yes, I forgot to type the h.

Comment

What tall tail. Everything I explained in the reply happened. What do you need from me to prove it to you? I will be happy to supply photos.
                      Can you show us some pics of your drawing for the electrical system? Not just the panel and inverter layout, but the electrical drawing. Thanks.

Comment

To the original poster (sidelinellc) yes there are companies here in San Diego that will provide you with a set of plans. PM me if you want a referral. I 've been an electrician here since 1978 and had my own business for a dozen years and recently retired. Was at one of the wholesale houses getting information on solar systems about a year ago and was referred to a contractor who might provide plans for me. Called him and told him I was only looking for a set of plans only and that I was going to do the install, he asked about my background and agreed. Worked out great no problems. I did the dealings with the utility (SDG&E) and inspector. I have since gave his name out to some friends who have used him. One for plans only (customer to install, retired electrician also) and three others who used him for everything. His concern is for a safe and quality install and not just any DIY and if I were in his place I would feel the same way. I have helped out a few neighbors in advising what to be on the lookout for and kinda looked over the installs as they were going on and for the most part all looked good. Good luck to you.

Comment

8 mWh of electricity - not much and in dollars would be anywhere between 100$ and maybe 500$

When one says 8 mW installed it would be normal that they mean the DC ratingof the panels installed.
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

8 mWh of electricity - not much and in dollars would be anywhere between 100$ and maybe 500$
                            Here in California, at prime time TOU rates, that would be well over $2000.
                            In Texas, not so much, but still over $500 at avoidance rates rather than wholesale rates.
                            SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Don't know what they get now but when my brother was a power house operator for PG&E at a hydro project in Oregon just a couple of years back the wholesale rate varied between 15$ per mWh to 1000$ per mWh.

The 1000$ was when some utility in CA was hung out on a guaranteed delivery contract. Most was in the 15$ to 35$ range.
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

1000$ per mWh.
                                Aren't those unregulated spot power markets fun! At least when you can spin up your output quickly to take advantage of them.
                                SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
                                X