250w panel for my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeSolar View Post
    Rated charge current is 40A but rated discharge current is only 20A. I am assuming that this means the unit will accept 40A from the panels but I can get only 20A@12vdc into the battery. Not so great if this is true.
    It is 40 amps on the output. The 20 amps out is for the load connection. There is a somewhat programmable load relay. At the bottom of the controller there are 6 connections, pv +and-, battery + and -, and load + and -. It will give you the full 40 amps output to the battery though.

Comment

Originally posted by boostinsteve View Post
      It is 40 amps on the output. The 20 amps out is for the load connection. There is a somewhat programmable load relay. At the bottom of the controller there are 6 connections, pv +and-, battery + and -, and load + and -. It will give you the full 40 amps output to the battery though.
      Bit confusing the way they state it. "20A discharge current". Maybe 40 A through the battery but only charge the battery with 20A. I have to admit that it won't be often that we can charge the battery with more than 20A anyway. This application has the panels at a flat 0deg.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSolar View Post
        Bit confusing the way they state it. "20A discharge current". Maybe 40 A through the battery but only charge the battery with 20A. I have to admit that it won't be often that we can charge the battery with more than 20A anyway. This application has the panels at a flat 0deg.
        There is no confusion at all. The load connection is for yard or street lights or what ever 12 volt DC load. You connect to battery to the battery terminals and the PV to the PV terminals. that done. If you have few light at the yard you can program the charge controller to turn on and off the light use the load connections.

Comment

I started using these when they came out a few years back. Currently I use two of them with two 245w panels while camping either on separate banks or paralleled onto one for faster charging. At $102 shipped there is no remote temp sensor or voltage sense line and the VOC limit is only 42v but that works great with a single 24v panel. http://www.eco-worthy.com/catalog/mp...ing-p-182.html

Comment

Working...
          X