2hp water pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2hp water pump

Hi, I'm in Lancaster, CA and want to set up solar power to power my 2hp water pump for my water well. How many batteries and panels would I need? What's the cost?

Originally posted by jrd View Post
    Hi, I'm in Lancaster, CA and want to set up solar power to power my 2hp water pump for my water well. How many batteries and panels would I need? What's the cost?
    YOW !

Simple answer: not enough info. Does the pump run 3 minutes a day, or 3 hours ? Pressure tank or elevated storage ? How deep is the well, and what flow do you require.

Unless you have a very deep ( > 200' deep) well, it's doubtful you NEED a 2hp pump. That's just what the well driller had on hand with a big profit margin, generally.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

How deep is the well and how deep is the water table.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

hey DRD ........

I just moved out of Lancaster, Ca. (K & 25th West)
        It would be Too Cool to power your set up with panels

Comment

Pumps & Valves

Originally posted by jrd View Post

Its depend on your well.If it is deep you need to installed more batteries.About cost,according to me $439 is enough for this....

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamW View Post
            Its depend on your well.If it is deep you need to installed more batteries.About cost,according to me $439 is enough for this....
            Based on what?
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

For a centrifugal pump you can reduce the power consumption of the motor by throttling back the water flow so that it takes longer to move the total amount of water than you need. But as a consequence your pump motor will be running at a lower power factor. The volt-amp (VA) number that the inverter has to put out will be larger than the actual power in watts that the motor is using, up to a factor of 2 or maybe more. So you need an inverter that is good for low power factor loads.

An inverter capable of starting a 2HP motor and running it at full mechanical load will be be large compared to what you would need to pump the same amount of water more slowly.
              SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Working...
              X