No announcement yet.

Man This solar thing drive me nuts. help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucky thing, it not really gone down there except 2 occassions. so I will set it at 48.20 volt. thank you.

Comment

The numbers still don't add up

Hi guys,

Just got this DC amperes clamp meter,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Check the battery bank charging number and get these numbers, but they are not really add up.

10am in the morning;
      charge controller 1 deliver 45 amps@ 52volt, cc2 deliver 20 amps@52 volts, the inverter draw 41 amps, Battery charging 30 amps.

11am in the morning, cloud passing

cc1 deliver 9.5 amps @54volt, cc2 deliver 4.2 amps @54 volts. inverter draw 40.5 amps @54 volt, battery discharging 16 amps.

12:30 pm

cc1 deliver 41amps @55volt cc2 deliver 19 amps @55 volt, inverter draw 40 amps @55volts battery charging @32 amps.

2:30 pm cc1 deliver 34.6 amps @58volt absorbing, cc2 deliver 15.6 amp @58volt. mppt bulk. inverter draw 63 amps @58volts battery charging 4 amps.

When I add up this numbers I got from 6 amps to 16 amps extra. where is the extras come from. anyone have any idea? Look like the system is charging the battery on the background.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by paulcheung View Post
        Check the battery bank charging number and get these numbers, but they are not really add up.

10am in the morning;
        charge controller 1 deliver 45 amps@ 52volt, cc2 deliver 20 amps@52 volts, the inverter draw 41 amps, Battery charging 30 amps.
        So where do you see a problem Paul?

All I see is 6 amp meter error between 3 measurements.

First thing you learn in electrical school is we measure with a micrometer, mark it with chaulk, and then cut it with an axe.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

The last one the error went up to 16 amps, well I guess the system is working then. thanks

Comment

Working...
          X