Aquion Energy up and coming battery....opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sundetective View Post
    TODAY if I had to spend it would be Rolls 5000 or Crown.
    Will we agree there, and I would not recommend either LFP or AHI just for the simple facts FLA is still the best short and long term value. But if I had to choose between LFP or AHI, no doubt I would go with LFP. AHI just has too many negatives and unknowns which only time will tell.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

• Originally posted by Living Large View Post
      Now I need two banks? One large due to its low energy density, and the other extremely heavy. When I can buy some small, lightweight LFP that will do what I need and be done with it?

Old Don wasn't born yesterday. Money IS an object. No science experiments or science fiction for me.
      How many years of warranty do these LFP Banks give up or is it mostly
      Lip action ?

Capacity is capacity. People normally want cheaper is better.
      Old Bill doesn't try to sell anything.

So you don't like $200 per kWh with years of warranty.
      That's your business - not mine.

Other than checking in a few times per year I don't care too much.

Bill Blake

Comment

How many years of warranty do these LFP Banks give up or is it mostly
        Lip action ?
        Twice that of Aquion. Aquion is two years and for an additional fee 5 years. Why would a battery with 10,000 cycle claim only come with a two year warrant and charge you extra for 3 more years?

Originally posted by Sundetective View Post
        Capacity is capacity. People normally want cheaper is better.
        I totally agree with you there, and with that said the last thing they would buy is Aquion as it is the most expensive option. If I going to spend a premium on a battery, I want to be able to use all that capacity, not just the top 60 to 65%. Kind of like a house, I would not buy one if I can only use 60% of it. I want what I paid for.

Originally posted by Sundetective View Post
        So you don't like $200 per kWh with years of warranty.
        That's your business - not mine.
        Now you are blowing smoke. $200/Kwh is high end FLA like Rolls. You are not even going to get Aquion to return your phone call for less than $480/Kwh.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

• Why waste time.

I said Rolls so naturally the price is Rolls.

Where your 4 years warranty ?
          How many prorated years?
          He he he.

I needs 3 years full warranty - then 7 more. Makes 10 years.
          Remember, old Bill know how they do

All I've seen from Lithium is Lip action and strokin.

Why you so scared of AHI.

Bill Blake

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Twice that of Aquion. Aquion is two years and for an additional fee 5 years. Why would a battery with 10,000 cycle claim only come with a two year warrant and charge you extra for 3 more years?

I totally agree with you there, and with that said the last thing they would buy is Aquion as it is the most expensive option. If I going to spend a premium on a battery, I want to be able to use all that capacity, not just the top 60 to 65%. Kind of like a house, I would not buy one if I can only use 60% of it. I want what I paid for.

Now you are blowing smoke. $200/Kwh is high end FLA like Rolls. You are not even going to get Aquion to return your phone call for less than $480/Kwh.

Comment

Sunking,

What happens when a couple of hair dryers fire up in that
            9 bedroom rooming house in Hawaii ?
            Does some bouncer with a billy club appear in the hallway.

The big house that is using the older First Generation of the
            Aquion Energy, AHI Batteries ?

Are you saying Aquion Energy can't be my man ?
            I kind of Likes them.

Bill Blake
            Here's how it looks on a cloudy day. Full Charge happened around 3:00pmConext3115Cloudy.jpg

We still made it through the night with Hair dryers, microwave, 3 refrigerators, the jacuzzi running for an hour, our infrared sauna running 2 hours, lights on in every room. The washing machines (2) gets started before we start recharging. Still stayed above 50% SOC. using the old 1gen Aquions.
            AlmostOffGridHawaiian

Comment

Why you so scared of AHI.
              If you know how to read spec sheets like Voltage vs Capacity you would be too.

If you compare Apples to Apples of usable capacity at real world discharge rates it takes 312 AH of Aquion to equal 125 AH of FLA to 40 volts on a 48 volt setup.

It would take 6 stacks of Aquion S20 stacks weighing 1500 pounds filling a room, costing almost $7000, and a 2 year warranty. Or say 4 Trojan 30H 12 volt 135 AH 5 year warranty battery weighing a total of 250 pounds and total cost of $800.

Does that get your attention?
              MSEE, PE

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                If you know how to read spec sheets like Voltage vs Capacity you would be too.

If you compare Apples to Apples of usable capacity at real world discharge rates it takes 312 AH of Aquion to equal 125 AH of FLA to 40 volts on a 48 volt setup.

It would take 6 stacks of Aquion S20 stacks weighing 1500 pounds filling a room, costing almost $7000, and a 2 year warranty. Or say 4 Trojan 30H 12 volt 135 AH 5 year warranty battery weighing a total of 250 pounds and total cost of $800.

Does that get your attention?

King,

Go to Google

Type in:

Youtube My Guy

Comment

Working...
                X