Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
    It is Single Phase.
    Boy I better stop now while I am behind. As I said I am not thinking straight.

Somehow I would think my Birthday would be better but found out today that my company is dissolving and I am out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by inetdog View Post
      If there is no neutral to the pump, there can be no current imbalance.
      A 240 volt motor does not need or require a grounded circuit conductor. All they require is L1, L2, and G.
      MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by SunEagle View Post
        Somehow I would think my Birthday would be better but found out today that my company is dissolving and I am out of a job.
        That just suks. When I was at MCI/Worldcom one of my very good friends got laid off sitting in a hospital bed a few hours after a Heart Bypass surgery.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Sorry about the bad news but you have a good attitude - that should help you pull through.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Happy Birthday!
            Bad luck about the job. Hope you can sort it all out soon. Good luck

Comment

Thanks for the Birthday cheer and vote of confidence guys. I am sure I will find something to fill my time and may even get paid for it.

Comment

Thanks for the Birthday cheer and vote of confidence guys. I am sure I will find something to fill my time and may even get paid for it.
                First time I 'retired' for ten years (stopped punchin a time clock) I was 28 years old and been bizy ever since. There is no end of positive things to do in the world for the good of you and others.... and yes, sometimes we even get paid in $$$$ for it. Do what you love and you'll never have to feel like you're working again.

Comment

You need an inverter that can produce at least 6000 watts surge, to start the motor.
                  It can be 120 or 240V. If you use 120V, you need a BIG transformer to step it up to 240V and may as well have bought a 240v inverter.

Real Power consumed. My inverter's power readout shows that my 1/2 hp pump, consumes 1,000 watts with 160' of head. There are motor losses, power factor losses, and specs that lie.
                  Powerfab top of pole PV mount (2) | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
                  || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
                  || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
                  gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister

Comment

Originally posted by Mike90250 View Post
                    You need an inverter that can produce at least 6000 watts surge, to start the motor.
                    It can be 120 or 240V. If you use 120V, you need a BIG transformer to step it up to 240V and may as well have bought a 240v inverter.

Real Power consumed. My inverter's power readout shows that my 1/2 hp pump, consumes 1,000 watts with 160' of head. There are motor losses, power factor losses, and specs that lie.
                    Is there a way to reduce the starting surge yet get the pump primed? I figure maybe some type of "soft" start technology for water pumps. That also will reduce any water hammer a sudden flow of fluid causes.

Comment

Working...
                    X