X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home lighting

Hi friends,

I am Jack Travis.

I have planned to install roof integrated solar panels for my home. I am using the energy saving lights in my home.

Can anyone tell me which battery source is better so that the power is lasting for a full day????

First you need to determine what your power demands are per day in Kwh. Then you can figure out what size battery you need. Then you need to determine why the heck you would want to pay so much more for electricity from a battery based system.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTravis View Post
      Hi friends,

I am Jack Travis.

I have planned to install roof integrated solar panels for my home. I am using the energy saving lights in my home.

Can anyone tell me which battery source is better so that the power is lasting for a full day????
      Welcome Jack, Please read all the sticky threads in 'off grid electric systems' here. That will explain all to you.

Comment

Jack it would be very foolish to take your home lighting off-grid with a battery system. Doing so means you just volunteered for a 1000% electric rate increase. Is that what you want to do?
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Hi friends,

I am Jack Travis.

I would estimate you have 6 to 12 months of study to do before starting anything - if not you will most likely waste your money.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Hi,
            Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. Lighting includes the use of both artificial light sources like lamps and light fixtures, as well as natural illumination by capturing daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonysafe View Post
              Hi,
              Lighting or illumination is the deliberate use of light to achieve a practical or aesthetic effect. Lighting includes the use of both artificial light sources like lamps and light fixtures, as well as natural illumination by capturing daylight.
              That was a brilliant statement - if you intend to follow up with links - don't.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonysafe View Post
                Hi,
                Get lost SPAMMER.
                MSEE, PE

Comment

Hi friends,

I am Jack Travis.

I suggest you use LED lights, because it is more power.

Mod note - no more links or you will be banned
                  Last edited by russ; 07-19-2013, 11:43 PM. Reason: removed link
                  [URL="http://www.alled.com.au/"]alled.com.au[/URL]

Comment

It is a very good way to produce cheap light with solar system. We can save our light to use it. Here I want to ask that how much money will spend to start this work? I also want to use solar energy. Hope you will guide me soon.

Mod note - no more links or you will be banned
                    Last edited by Mike90250; 11-08-2013, 02:59 PM. Reason: deleted bus tour links

Comment

LED's are ok but a "street light" inside the home is total BS.

This post looks like the beginning of an advertisement or spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
                        Jack it would be very foolish to take your home lighting off-grid with a battery system. Doing so means you just volunteered for a 1000% electric rate increase. Is that what you want to do?
                        Interesting Sunking... What do you rate the KW cost of off-grid lighting? How would you compare it to Hawaii's 37¢ - 45¢ per KW?
                        [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Shockah View Post
                          Interesting Sunking... What do you rate the KW cost of off-grid lighting? How would you compare it to Hawaii's 37¢ - 45¢ per KW?
                          A few people have claimed that with an inexpensive source of batteries and maximizing the output per battery dollar in unconventional ways they can get as low as 50¢ per kWh (The H is important!) in the long haul.

But for more conventional system designs, as implemented by people whose data I believe, and paying low retail price for the equipment and batteries, the cost will be somewhere above $1.00 per kWh and often $2.00 or higher.
                          I rest my case.

PS: These numbers are based on AC loads and include the cost and efficiency penalty of an inverter.
                          Last edited by inetdog; 11-13-2013, 10:10 PM. Reason: PS:
                          SunnyBoy 3000 US, 18 BP Solar 175B panels.

Comment

Yes, kWh... sorry.
                            [CENTER]SunLight @ Night[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Udit
                              Try to figure out your need of power and than accordingly purchase batteries. Its better to consult with technical person.
                              Wisdom from Mumbai? Please try to do a bit better than that!
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X