Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVA or STR Photocap

Hi Guys,
    Anyone know any good sources? Also what is the differences between the two? Ideally I am looking for somewhere in the UK, however I am willing to import.

Thank you.

Kelvin

I'd go with PhotoCap...

Originally posted by kelvindavies11 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone know any good sources? Also what is the differences between the two? Ideally I am looking for somewhere in the UK, however I am willing to import.

Thank you.

Kelvin
    Kelvin,

PhotoCap is a trade name for STR - one of the leading providers of high quality, superior performance encapsulants for the solar module industry. STR's 80 top-volume customers around the world include many of the names in the module business, as well as companies on the cutting edge of the next technological wave. Some of their business relationships go back 30 years to when STR scientists developed the first commercial terrestrial encapsulants made specifically for Photovoltaic panels (PV).

Over the years, STR has developed many of the major industry innovations, including: encapsulants with superior dimensional and long-term photo-thermal stability, ultra-fast curing encapsulants, flame retardant encapsulants, custom laminates with exceptional layflat characteristics, thermoplastic encapsulants, very low-temperature encapsulants and encapsulants formulated especially for thin-film solar modules.

STR's global production capacity is unparalleled.

On the other hand, you have EVA (Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate), a film that many professionally made crystalline solar panels use to encapsulate their solar cells. It's a copolymer that melts easily (at around 140 degrees C) and has strong adhesive properties that make it bond with glass and the TPT (Tedlar-Polyester-Tedlar) backsheet. Its provides excellent protection against water, moisture, air and other corrosions, and when treated properly, it makes all the layers into one single piece. EVA produces the best results when a professional laminator is used, and that's why this product is not generally recommended. For those who have mastered the method of using a heat gun to blow hot air onto EVA to melt it and get decent results, this may be for you.

The short end of it = PhotoCap is the world leader, and EVA is the cheaper alternative with less of a guarantee of success... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X