• Jul 2009

Super!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

• J.P.M.
      Solar Fanatic
      • Aug 2013

Originally posted by bando
      Well good news is that we just received the official email and letter from sdge that we are good to go! So that was precisely 2 business days from the date the city inspector approved it. There is a formal letter attached regarding the system size and net metering commencement .

Thought the OP would be interested.

Contract signed 10/23
      Installation 4 days 11/14-11/19
      City inspection 11/21
      Sdge approval 11/25
      Fire that mother up ! 11/25/13 was as great a solar day as you're likely to get, even in S.D. Congrads.

Comment

• snic
        • Apr 2012

Contract signed 10/23
        City inspection 11/21
        Sdge approval 11/25
        Dang, that's fast! In my case, it was more like:

Contract signed: July
        Architectural review passed: September
        Building permit issued: October
        Installation: November 1
        Electric and building inspections: who knows?

Fortunately, in NY, the inspections do not need to be completed before one can start generating power and feeding it to the grid. So the date the system was "completed" was Nov. 1, so I think I can claim the tax credit for 2013. Even though I won't make the final payment until after the last inspection has been passed, as stipulated in the contract - and that could very well be in 2014.

Comment

• bando
          Solar Fanatic
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by J.P.M.
          Fire that mother up ! 11/25/13 was as great a solar day as you're likely to get, even in S.D. Congrads.
          Wish I could! Instead I'm back east in 20 degree rain

The installer came today to pick up some remaining trash and recycling from the module pallets and I asked them to flip on the system in my absence. I am hoping to see some action on the online monitoring tomorrow!

Comment

• J.P.M.
            Solar Fanatic
            • Aug 2013

Wish I could! Instead I'm back east in 20 degree rain

The installer came today to pick up some remaining trash and recycling from the module pallets and I asked them to flip on the system in my absence. I am hoping to see some action on the online monitoring tomorrow!
            Bando:

I'm sorry. I thought you were in San Diego. One of your posts said you are a CPA in California. Bad inference on my part.

J.P.M.

Comment

• bando
              Solar Fanatic
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by J.P.M.
              Bando:

I'm sorry. I thought you were in San Diego. One of your posts said you are a CPA in California. Bad inference on my part.

J.P.M.
              JPM - yes our house is in San Diego but we have been visiting family back east this week so we didn't get to turn it on. The weather out here has been dreadful, I'm already missing SD

I asked the installer to go there and turn it on for me so I can start generating some power!! Happy thanksgiving everyone !

Comment

• silversaver
                Solar Fanatic
                • Jul 2013

Well good news is that we just received the official email and letter from sdge that we are good to go! So that was precisely 2 business days from the date the city inspector approved it. There is a formal letter attached regarding the system size and net metering commencement .

Thought the OP would be interested.

Contract signed 10/23
                City inspection 11/21
                Sdge approval 11/25
                Lucky you. We have same installer but totally different result. and I'm getting real unhappy about them.

Contract signed 08/21
                Installation ? days 11/25-12/02 (keep delay from 11/20) BTW, why will it take so long to schedule an installation date? City permit approved back in September!!!
                City inspection 12/03, re-schedule to 12/05, now re-schedule to 12/09. Why? because they are busy with other job cannot meet with inspetor on time. will city inspection done on 12/09? I have no idea.
                SCE approval in 2013?? I don't think so.

Same installer but different result. All I get from my installer is over promise and under deliver. If I didn't inspect the panels, I'll end up with 245W panels on my roof now instead of 255W panels.

Sorry for venting.

Comment

• reagle
                  • Sep 2013

Our system (22 SunPower ACPVs in upstate NY) timeline:

Contract signed 9/25
                  Utility swapped out meter 10/16
                  Utility approval letter 10/19
                  NYSERDA status changed to "received" 10/29. Barely squeaked in before the dropped (again) from $1.30 to $1.15 per W the following month
                  Town approval 11/7 "Come pay us $60 and take your permit"
                  NYSERDA approval 11/26
                  Huge snowstorm- installers sent people day before the install to clear the roof
                  Installation 12/4 (1 day) System was live and sending energy to grid next day
                  Inspection 12/12

Produced about 20kWh so far and then it started snowing and it's been snowing since
                  Overall - pretty speedy except for waiting for NYSERDA that's been waiting to find money and of course waiting for panels.

Comment

• PenguinSolar
                    Solar Fanatic
                    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by silversaver
                    Lucky you. We have same installer but totally different result. and I'm getting real unhappy about them.

Contract signed 08/21
                    Installation ? days 11/25-12/02 (keep delay from 11/20) BTW, why will it take so long to schedule an installation date? City permit approved back in September!!!
                    City inspection 12/03, re-schedule to 12/05, now re-schedule to 12/09. Why? because they are busy with other job cannot meet with inspetor on time. will city inspection done on 12/09? I have no idea.
                    SCE approval in 2013?? I don't think so.

Same installer but different result. All I get from my installer is over promise and under deliver. If I didn't inspect the panels, I'll end up with 245W panels on my roof now instead of 255W panels.

Sorry for venting.
                    In the same boat. Are you just waiting next year to claim?

Just got my call and my installer is trying to shoe-horn it to complete by 12/31 -- probably so they can claim the business for quarter-end. Unfortunately, it sounds like be best to wait till the system is actually "operational" and then get the green light to claim the tax credit next year.

As far as a particular year, since it's a tax credit (oppose to deduction) the actual dollar amount won't change base on our income this year vs next (although we're expecting our income to be a little lower next year) so guess not that material of a difference for us for this year vs next.

Really not looking to make any audit more difficult, went through an audit before not that fun. Again as mentioned before, good idea to keep all documentation to support your case .

Also didn't really want to give all my checks before the final completion (functional test).

Comment

• silversaver
                      Solar Fanatic
                      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by PenguinSolar
                      In the same boat. Are you just waiting next year to claim?

Just got my call and my installer is trying to shoe-horn it to complete by 12/31 -- probably so they can claim the business for quarter-end. Unfortunately, it sounds like be best to wait till the system is actually "operational" and then get the green light to claim the tax credit next year.

As far as a particular year, since it's a tax credit (oppose to deduction) the actual dollar amount won't change base on our income this year vs next (although we're expecting our income to be a little lower next year) so guess not that material of a difference for us for this year vs next.

Really not looking to make any audit more difficult, went through an audit before not that fun. Again as mentioned before, good idea to keep all documentation to support your case .

Also didn't really want to give all my checks before the final completion (functional test).
                      Just received the approval letter from SCE today, I think I am good to claim my Fed Tax Incentive for 2013 plus I paid the amount in FULL already. (I paid few days ago lol). I'm turning on the system tonight.

Good luck

Comment

• bando
                        Solar Fanatic
                        • Oct 2013

Originally posted by silversaver
                        Just received the approval letter from SCE today, I think I am good to claim my Fed Tax Incentive for 2013 plus I paid the amount in FULL already. (I paid few days ago lol). I'm turning on the system tonight.

Good luck
                        Congrats!!

Comment

Working...