Dielectric Grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dielectric Grease?

Anyone use dielectric grease on the mc4 connectors?
    30 SW310XL SB7700
    20 SW320XL SB5000

Wrong stuff.

No-Ox-Id Special 2 The real issue you will have with any antioxidant compound is applying the extremely thin layer. It is more like a polish. But Samchem No-Ox-Id is what all utilities use and if applied correctly will out live you.
    MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
      Wrong stuff.

No-Ox-Id Special 2 The real issue you will have with any antioxidant compound is applying the extremely thin layer. It is more like a polish. But Samchem No-Ox-Id is what all utilities use and if applied correctly will out live you.
      Ahh I should have clarified.... I'm using deoxit (just a dab) on the metal parts. The grease would be for extra water proofing outside of the pins.
      30 SW310XL SB7700
      20 SW320XL SB5000

Comment

Originally posted by FNG AZ View Post
        Ahh I should have clarified.... I'm using deoxit (just a dab) on the metal parts. The grease would be for extra water proofing outside of the pins.
        Again there is not better product to do both jobs than NO-OX-ID. End of story period... Utilities have millions of connection in salt air environments that will outlive you. 60 years and still counting.
        MSEE, PE

Comment

Originally posted by Sunking View Post
          Again there is not better product to do both jobs than NO-OX-ID. End of story period... Utilities have millions of connection in salt air environments that will outlive you. 60 years and still counting.
          OK so no dielectric grease? Lol. Same with deoxit been around for 60 plus years and will definitely outlive you. Period and exclamation point.
          30 SW310XL SB7700
          20 SW320XL SB5000

Comment

Deoxit is GREAT stuff for electronics - and especially if you use the right formula for the right application. BUT we're talking about gear outside in very harsh environments, where the grease *in thin amounts* is really the proper stuff.

Think of it this way - would you leave a professional mixer board, even if it had been perfectly restored with DeOxit on top of your house? No, not unless you wish to do a lot of maintenance and have the can in your back pocket at all times.

Comment

Working...
            X